18| LOST IN THOUGHTS

CHAPTER 18:

Everyone clapped. Rings were exchanged. David silently smiled. Today he lost the love of his life, he sighed and turned to drink water. Sip by sip he finished the glass of water as if pouring the available water on his burning spirit. Then he remembered the night when Julia confessed her love for Michael in-front of him while crying.

He turned back and saw the newly engaged couple. They were smiling and posing for a photo together. There was not a hint of sadness on Michael's face. Julia my love! You deserve all the good things in the world. If Michael is your happiness then I am happy in your happiness. Besides, gems belong together after all. I am just another sheep working in the empire of my friend, David thought. He smiled and clapped.

_______________________________________

Evelyn slammed shut the door and fell on her bed. Today I lost the love of my life. During the whole ceremony Kris was dancing with Julia. It did not bother her at all but when Michael was putting a ring in Julia's finger; that one moment burned her alive. Only God knew how she controlled her tears. Even in the car when Kris was continuously ridiculing her, she was silent.

"This is your place Evelyn. These rich brats never actually care about feelings. See he played with you. Now there he is engaging with the girl of his own class. What were you thinking actually?"

"We were just friends, Kris , nothing else than it." When he kept on for long Evelyn yelled back "Will you stop discussing it in the way like I was involved with him in the form of any affair."

"Who knows Evelyn? Maybe I never got my eyes on you 24/7." Kris laughed. Evelyn showed him her hand

"You see this ring. This ring is like a chain of my feet. Never for a single second I ever forget about you. Still if you don't believe in me you can have it back." She started to take her ring off.

Before Evelyn could proceed any further Kris parked the car at the side of the road. He took her hands in a loving way.

"I believe in you Evelyn." He leaned in and captured her lips. Tears fell free from Evelyn's eyes as she hit his arm. "Good girl, stay like this forever. Never forget who you belong to."

Finally Evelyn was able to pry him off from herself. She felt disgusted. She rubbed off her lips harshly and yelled.

"How many times do I have to tell you never touch me against my consent?"

"Consent, why would I need consent you are mine after-all."He smirked and drove off.

Evelyn lied there and continued to cry. Kris does make sense. I never have a chance in that class. Every block suits in its best position. She always dreamed about flying higher just like a bird. Now she understood why her granny called her daughter sheep. Daughters are indeed sheep; silent creatures of nature. "I am the sheep.", she thought as she closed her eyes.

_______________________________________

Celebrations were in full swing. Michael and Julia's family were there in the Mansion. Everyone was dancing and having fun. Few customs were left to be fulfilled. Julia was continuously clinging onto Michael. Michael felt lost in that moment. He lifted his gaze.

"Where did Evelyn go?" , he thought.

"What are you looking for Michael?" Julia asked politely while touching his hand. Michael instantly pulled his hand away. Julia stared back at him.

"Why are you so difficult Michael?"

"I am just like that."

"Haven't you seen how Kris takes care of Evelyn?

Why can't you be that caring towards me?"

Julia huffed and turned her back visibly. Lillian who was a bit far away sensing this tension. She excused herself from the lady with whom she was talking with and made her way towards the stage.

"What's wrong sweethearts? What's the hot topic of discussion?"

"Aunt, look at your son, he still behaves weird around me. Just one touch of mine he flinched ...." Julia said in a flow ".....I don't know what I am for..."

Lillian smiled and hugged Julia.

"It's okay sweetheart, he is just shy."

Then turned towards Michael

"Michael can you please come with me for a second those catering people are just making a mess."

Michael nodded and stood up. Julia grasped the corner of Michael's sleeve. Here I am trying to debate that Michael is not paying attention to and there is this old woman taking him away. Still she smiled:

"Please aunt we just got engaged can you please ask someone else and let Michael stay. I have a lot to talk about our future with him."

Lillian's face became red in an instant. She looked hatefully towards the smile of the younger. Michael mentally giggled and face palmed at Julia's foolery. "You got no idea with whom you are messing.". Lillian spoke:

"My dear it will be short so please I wouldn't have asked David isn't around you know."

She extended her hand and grabbed Michael's arm.

"Come with me." Mother and son disappeared in a crowd of people and Julia sighed.

_______________________________________

Michael kept walking silently. He felt her mother's nails digging in his arms. It obviously showed how mad she was. She took her to a silent corner and snapped.

"What were you thinking Michael?"

"What mom?" Michael said carelessly. He was having way too much fun.

"What is Julia saying? You try to behave nicely with her. This is the question of our honor." Mother growled

"I did nothing. I was just looking for David in the crowd and she touched me. I obviously got surprised. She is making issues over nothing."

Michael smiled "I am at my best attitude just like you said.

"Good never ever forget your place Michael otherwise I will cut you into two pieces. I gave you this life. I can take it away as well. For the world you might be a tough guy but for me you are just a sheep."

She snapped and walked away. Michael was left lost in his thoughts. Does giving birth give you that much authority over me?

_______________________________________

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

░░░░░░░ Thank you for reading the chapter hope you like it. Please answer the questions below.░░░░░░

░Precap-you all think what can happen░

Hope you answer them

░░░1)are you liking the story

░░░2)what you think about this plot

░░░3)Are you excited for future chapters

░░░░░░░Do give your review on above░░░░░░░

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

HOPE YOU ENJOY IT.

DONT FORGET TO VOTE COMMENT AND SHARE

FOLLOW ME AND ADD MY BOOKS TO LIBRARY OR READING LIST SO WHENEVER I UDPATE YOU GET THE NOTIFICATION.

DONT FORGET THE INLINE COMMENTS.

THANK YOU.

░░░NIKKI G... ░░░