2| YOU DESERVE BETTER

CHAPTER 2:

Evelyn was going towards Michael's room for his daily check-up. She used to visit him at the end of her shift so that her bad mood caused by seeing his face doesn't affect her work. Visiting Michael was the worst part of Evelyn's day and she walked towards his room filled with curse words coming from her soul towards Michael.

 Visiting Michael was the worst part of Evelyn's day and she walked towards his room filled with curse words coming from her soul towards Michael

Today was no different, Evelyn was imagining Michael running across his room because she had put ants in his pants and was laughing

Today was no different, Evelyn was imagining Michael running across his room because she had put ants in his pants and was laughing. Suddenly a voice came from across the hall, Michael's room to be specific.

" Stop playing with my feelings!!"

Evelyn recognised the voice as Julia's and started running toward the room. She reached the door but didn't enter, she didn't want to interfere.

" Shut up Julia! You are dumb if you think I have feelings for you." came Michael's voice, he was furious.

" If you don't have feelings for me then what have you been doing with me for the past two years?!"

" I don't know, you tell me. Did I ever say I love you? Did I ever say I like you? Did I ever even call you ?! You are the one who always keeps following me, not the other way round."

" Michael.."

It was Julia's voice, almost like a whisper. You can tell by the pain in her voice that she was crying.

" Get out Julia. I don't want to see your face."

" Michael doesn't give up on us. We will make it work, I will make it work.. please!"

By now Julia was crying her heart out, sobbing and trying to save her relationship.

" Julia there is nothing to work out! Just leave!"

Michael's anger-filled scream was followed by breaking something like a glass.

As soon as Evelyn heard the breaking of glass, she went to open the door and was met by a dishevelled Julia.

Her eyes were red and puffy, tears stained her cheeks while her hands were shaking. She quickly made her way past Evelyn and left the room.

Inside the room, Michael was sitting on the bed, his fists clenched and eyes set on the door while there were pieces of broken glass on the floor.

Evelyn was extremely angry and wanted to give Michael a piece of his mind but Julia was more important to her. She left the room and started searching for Julia.

In the last week, Evelyn and Julia have become good friends. Julia was the only reason why Evelyn was still handling Michael's case.

Evelyn reached the end of the corridor and started looking for Julia. She took a left turn and reached an emergency exit. She was just about to turn and leave when she heard the sound of someone crying. She started going downstairs.

Julia was there, sitting on the last stair. Her head was on her knees with her hands around them and she was crying. The site made Evelyn's heartbreak. Evelyn silently sat beside Julia.

When Julia felt a presence beside her, she looked up and saw Evelyn. She wiped her tears and tried to give a small smile, but failed.

Both of them were sitting in silence when suddenly Julia spoke," He is right, you know, he never said'' I love you to me. Never called also, I was the stupid one who kept following him. I thought he liked me, just didn't like expressing it. I was so wrong."

Julia tried to laugh at the end but instead, tears started coming out. Evelyn just wrapped her arms around Julia and tried to comfort her.

" You deserve better., '' said Evelyn.

" I don't want better., '' said Julia and cried some of her.

Evelyn didn't say anything after that, just kept rubbing Julia's back to comfort her.

Suddenly Julia's phone rang, she broke the hug and took out the phone from her pocket.
She looked at the caller ID and after that only one word left her mouth,

" Shit..."

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

░░░░░░░ Thank you for reading the book hope you like it. Please answer the questions below.░░░░░░

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

HOPE YOU ENJOY IT.

DONT FORGET TO VOTE COMMENT AND SHARE

FOLLOW ME AND ADD MY BOOKS TO LIBRARY OR READING LIST SO WHENEVER I UDPATE YOU GET THE NOTIFICATION.

DONT FORGET THE INLINE COMMENTS.

THANK YOU.

░░░NIKKI G... ░░░