13| MESS

CHAPTER 13:

Michael was astounded. He returned home in the morning. He was beyond shocked and embarrassed. He never imagined things would turn out like that with Evelyn's family. He felt like dying for bringing harm to such a lovely soul. Julia's family made quite an issue of that happening.

The matter settled with Michael's apology. Everyone pushed him to apologize because people in the whole circle were talking nonsense about their family. Michael after settling aside his ego asked for forgiveness which he was readily granted. Now he was urged to appear with Julia in public to prove that Lillian brought up her kids well and they were a lovey dovey couple.

One has to shut people's mouths as well, Lillian urged. My question from humanity is why are you so eager to learn and gossip about someone else's household?

Can't you guys mind your own business?

The alibi of what will people say have destroyed countless lives and heaven knows how many are still suffering in silence. Is it too hard to just accept the people how they are?

If God left this world open to thrive for virtuous sinners without judging anyone I guess we also have no right to judge anyone and ask for only perfection. Learn to accept people like the way they are but here keep in mind the difference between healthy and toxic relationships as well.

Julia was now Michael's secretary. Julia's mom forced her to drop college, art and her passion. These stupid colors wouldn't feed you. Julia's dream got snubbed. She went silent. Everyday she had to wear short dresses and walk around Michael's office who hardly paid any attention to her. Still she was doing that because dreams are dreams and reality is reality.

Everyone in the office used to gossip about her. They called her by name. Julia used to hear everything, cry in silence and ignore. David felt bad. He urged her to break through but Julia was always busy destroying herself. In her mind she caged herself so much that she was now helpless. When in reality one's mind is the most powerful tool. There's always a possibility unless or until someone is there to look for it. Julia was willing to endure everything but she was unable to muster up courage to speak for herself.

Michael was preparing for a business dinner. Julia accompanied her. The rival party was in awe and congratulated the couple. The situation soon turned into a cringe for Michael when the men from that company were staring at Julia with hungry eyes. He was also mentally cursing Julia for her sense of dressing as well. Hardly he controlled his anger there but when he reached his own office; volcano erupted. He used strict words to scold Julia to check her dressing sense. Julia left while crying due to his ruthlessness. Things were getting frustrated for Michael. His mind kept racing. He felt helpless again like he was in childhood. He was unable to protect Evelyn and now Julia as well. Tears fell from his eyes even after days the pain didn't lessen even a single bit in so many days. It hurts. It still hurts a lot.

*************************************

Evelyn received a cold shoulder from the hospital as well. All the senior doctors were mad at her for disappearing like that. Many scolded her but it didn't matter at all to her. She felt broken and numb. They gave her a long extra hour punishment for the next four weeks. She was happy. She wanted to inflict so much pain on herself that her misery will end soon. Kris's family broke the engagement but her father went to their home. He held their feet and asked for forgiveness. Kris even though being wrong ended up as a victim and everyone's favorite.

With the excuse of bullet injury he kept pestering Evelyn more. He brought teddy bears and chocolates. He acted sweet infront of everyone. Everyone in the hospital was envious of this lovely couple. Evelyn gave in as well. She never said a word and did what she was told to.
It was another day of her sad life. Kris came to pick her up for lunch. Evelyn excused herself from Dr. Charles who allowed her leave for an hour. Now she was at a hotel with her said fiance. Kris guided her to a table and went to look for a waiter. Evelyn carefully examined her surroundings. There were not many people. Only one couple was there. She tried to peek at the view. There she met with those familiar pairs of eyes. She felt breathless for a second. Kris came back.

"What are you looking at?"

"Nowhere" Evelyn tried brushing him off but Kris was Kris.

"Oh it's your friend from that night. Let's greet him!" He dragged Evelyn with him. They went towards their table. Greetings were exchanged but those two hearts were ripped into more pieces.

Kris took Evelyn's hand and walked towards Michael and Julia's table. Evelyn's heart sank. Michael was the first one to sense their presence. When he saw Kris holding Evelyn's hand his heart broke into several pieces. Kris smirked and greeted Michael sarcastically:

"Well hello there friends!"

"Hi!" Michael replied coldly. Kris pushed Evelyn to the front

"Wouldn't you greet you, Evelyn?" Evelyn lost her breath. Julia turned to look at the incoming visitors. For a second, she felt a tug of jealousy in her heart the way Kris was holding Evelyn. Lucky girl! She greeted them in a cheerful voice.

"Hi guys what a surprise? Come let's join us! The bill is on Michael. He signed a new tender today." Michael stared towards Julia in disbelief. It was already agony to see Evelyn with Kris let alone eat with them. He mentally face-palmed at Julia's stupidity. They sat together and started eating. Kris purposely crowded Evelyn like pouring water for her in glass or handing her a napkin.

Julia was gushing in her heart. As per Michael he saw that uneasy look on Evelyn's face. The way Evelyn let things be offended him more. Is he better than me? As Julia was thinking the same how blessed Evelyn was to have such a caring and protective fiancé. As for Evelyn she was feeling envious of Julia for having a true man like Michael.

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

░░░░░░░ Thank you for reading the chapter hope you like it. Please answer the questions below.░░░░░░

░Precap-you all think what can happen░

Hope you answer them

░░░1)are you liking the story

░░░2)what you think about this plot

░░░3)Are you excited for future chapters

░░░░░░░Do give your review on above░░░░░░░

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

HOPE YOU ENJOY IT.

DONT FORGET TO VOTE COMMENT AND SHARE

FOLLOW ME AND ADD MY BOOKS TO LIBRARY OR READING LIST SO WHENEVER I UDPATE YOU GET THE NOTIFICATION.

DONT FORGET THE INLINE COMMENTS.

THANK YOU.

░░░NIKKI G... ░░░