4| OBNOXIOUS BASTARD

CHAPTER 4:

“That girl is actually the fiancé of that guy…..poor thing…….he does not like her,” Evelyn remembered the face of heavily crying Julia. She was sad for her. “…..and that poor girl has been chasing that boy forever.”

“So sad,” Kris said

“Just so sad…..” Evelyn eyes widened
“Yes, what more can I say?”  They stopped in front of Evelyn’s home. Kris smiled.

“This system has to change Kris. It is such a pain that parents teach girls to chase after boys like this, this is worse than prostitution. Parents should teach girls to be fabulous. They should encourage them to be themselves and live their lives to the fullest rather than participating in such a fool's play.” Evelyn said in a flow.

“Well that the feminist speaking inside you…..don’t you think we should talk about us.” Kris leaned in but before he could do anything Evelyn picked up her bag and got off.
“This is the difference between us Kris. Our wavelengths don’t match.” With this Evelyn banged the door and ran inside. Some things need to be addressed. Just because they are going on for long doesn’t mean that they are right. The worst kind of crime which is done against humanity is when we know what’s right and don’t say it. We tend to ignore the right thing just to get accepted by others or fit into useless moulds of society.

Is it right to not say the truth just because someone doesn’t want to hear?

Where are you standing morally?

Think about it.

Every day comes with a fight. Every day starts with a new challenge. Every time the Sun rises it’s a wakeup call for all those invisible warriors out there. Evelyn sometimes wants to fight with the Sun,“stupid thing just because of you I have to get out from my bed and pretend everything is fine”. She always believed smiling the widest and dressing up the brightest makes everything right.

Sadly now dark nights are her best friends. Every night she is  crying her eyes out but still pain never ceases. It was a never ending series. She is not someone who would show her vulnerability easily. There was a time when she used to  express herself freely but now she keeps her pain to herself; because people around her never understood. It happened a lot of times she shared unfortunately only to be snubbed as an attention seeker, a cry baby or an ungrateful brat. After that she stopped and put that usual expressive self of her in one closed corner. She silently took on all the responsibilities.

After the sad demise of her mom she was the nurturer, caretaker and administrator of the house.  She used to take care of her siblings and retired ill dad. She was also the sole bread earner of the family. While enduring the long hour pain of work and then dealing with household, personal relationships; she lost herself. She shunned her existence so much that now her opinions and needs are invisible to everyone. Now she looks like a clown whose job is to look out for the happiness of people connected to her. Although she was in pain, she always pulled herself to sleep with an alibi that everyone was happy about, little did she know that such selflessness is lethal. She was being kind beyond stupidity. Now she lost herself. The society in which we are living needs to learn that only women are not nurturers. Look around in your home how often it happens that your mom or anyone else is doing something like Evelyn while we guys are sitting on the receiving end enjoying it.

Remember not everyone has this capacity. Care for the one who cares for you; one can’t pour from an empty pot. This savage cycle has to be broken and we need to nip this evil in the bud. It all needs to start from yourself. Self-care is first love. Lets teach this to our kids ,money is needed to be used, not people. Cherish the one who cherishes you but also loves yourself. It’s not a mean approach to adopt. Let’s tell every Evelyn around us that it’s completely okay to be herself.

Another frustrating day passed and Evelyn was now heading toward Michael's room. She hated that man with great passion; arrogant and obnoxious bastard. When she was climbing the stairs she heard Michael's yelling. No God let it not be Julia again! As panic rushed through her veins she steadily climbed stairs. When she opened the door her heart fell to the ground at the sight. Michael was standing and Julia was on her knees clinging onto his feet like a koala. There was an old man sitting beside the bed. Michael was barking profanities and was continuously trying to shake her off. Julia was crying and shaking badly. Evelyn immediately leapt forward and pried her away from Michael. Julia again broke free from Eyelyn’s hold and ran towards Michael. This time Michael pushed Julia harshly into the wall. Evelyn had enough.

“Can you just fucking stop it?”
Both Julia and Michael were startled at her reaction. Michael turned towards Evelyn in anger. He had an angry red bull face and he was panting wildly. He raised his hand but on time Evelyn stepped back. She was intimidated but never showed any weakness.

“What ,Will you hit me as well now? Come on try me, I am not Julia…”

Before Michael could do anything further a voice interrupted them.

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

░░░░░░░ Thank you for reading the chapter hope you like it. Please answer the questions below.░░░░░░

░Precap-you all think what can happen░

Hope you answer them

░░░1)are you liking the story

░░░2)what you think about this plot

░░░3)Are you excited for future chapters

░░░░░░░Do give your review on above░░░░░░░

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

HOPE YOU ENJOY IT.

DONT FORGET TO VOTE COMMENT AND SHARE

FOLLOW ME AND ADD MY BOOKS TO LIBRARY OR READING LIST SO WHENEVER I UDPATE YOU GET THE NOTIFICATION.

DONT FORGET THE INLINE COMMENTS.

THANK YOU.

░░░NIKKI G... ░░░