Chapter 192 The Servant Girl with a Hairpin in Her Sleeve

The man asked with a deep gaze, "Are there any activities after the banquet?"

The fat man thought about it for a second and said, "No. It's a plum appreciation meeting today. After the banquet, most of the women will leave!"

"Don't let it affect me!" The man's cold voice sounded fierce, low but frightening.

The fat man hurriedly said, "Don't worry!" His forehead had already begun to sweat. If this man really wanted to start today, it would be troublesome.

"Behave yourself!" The man snorted coldly, stood up, and strode out.

The banquet held in Duke Xing's Mansion was successful, apart from a small episode about Qin Yuru. Qin Yuru was not one of the famous Misses of aristocratic families in the capital. People thought what happened to her today was humiliating and thought that this young Miss had no personality.

But the whole matter did not influence the banquet in Duke Xing's Mansion. After all, nothing serious had happened and they all did not see the man. Everything was their guess.

And the reputation of the First Miss Qin was clear to everyone. At least they would not consent to her marrying into their families. However, when they saw Qin Yuru walk beside Countess Yong, some curious Madams immediately asked about the relationship between the two families. So there was more talk of somebody from Qin's Mansion would marrying into Duke Yong's Mansion.

It was the First Miss Qin.

For a time, many Madams looked at Countess Yong with pity, which made Countess Yong quite angry.

But they all said nothing in front of Countess Yong, so she could not find a chance to explain even if she wanted to.

For evil news rides fast, while good news baits later. This matter spread quickly as soon as it spread from Duke Xing's Mansion, which immediately made many people curious about Qin's Mansion.

Then well-informed sources spread the previous rumor again. It was said that Madam Di, who came from Duke Yong's Mansion, was not in charge of the household affairs. The reason was that Madam Di was said to be unkind and always made trouble in Qin's Mansion. She even wanted the co-wife Madam Shui to lose her baby. Such a vicious person, of course, could not be in charge of the household.

Originally, what Madam Di had done was just spread in the streets, but did not spread to aristocratic families. However, what she had done was related to Qin Yuru's affairs this time, so the rumor came from the streets, and aristocratic families became more and more unpleasant to hear it, and it spread all over the world.

When Madam Di heard the news from Duke Yong's Mansion, she almost fainted in anger!

Although it was only a rumor and there was no evidence, because many people had seen Qin Yuru's affair, this rumor became more and more vivid. Even some people made up some sexual content. For a while, the rumor was extremely unpleasant to hear.

Although things about the womenfolk courtyard of Qin's Mansion were not good, Qin Huaiyong's appointment was settled at this time.

He was promoted to Vice Commander of the Imperial Guards Team, a vice third-class official. Besides that, he still owned the title of Ningyuan Army General!

But now this title was different!

This was a high-ranking position that Qin Huaiyong never thought of. He was just a fifth-class official before!

As soon as the news came to Qin's Mansion, all the people were very happy. The plaque with the words "Qin's Mansion" on the front door was removed and replaced with a plaque that said "Ningyuan Army General's Mansion".