Chapter 144 The Child Stuck in the Wall Hole

Qin Wanru and Shui Ruolan followed the old maid through several corridors and came to a yard. The old maid went inside to report, and left Qin Wanru and Shui Ruolan waiting on the porch.

After a while, the old maid asked them inside with a smile.

Qin Wanru walked inside behind Shui Ruolan, totally focused on the present.

There were quite a few girl servants and old maids standing in two orderly rows, but they were silent. She could tell that there were strict rules in Great Elder Princess Rui'an's Mansion.

With so many people in the house, she could only hear them breathing.

After entering the house, Shui Ruolan first made a salute to Great Elder Princess Rui'an, who was sitting on the couch in front of them. Qin Wanru immediately stepped forward to make a salute.

"Sit down!" Great Elder Princess Rui'an looked at Qin Wanru with a smile and reached out to wave at her. Qin Wanru stepped forward and was about to make a salute again, but Great Elder Princess Rui'an reached out to stop her.

"Just sit here!" Great Elder Princess Rui'an pulled Qin Wanru to the front. Nanny Gao hurriedly brought a stool here. Qin Wanru sat down on the stool in front of Great Elder Princess Rui'an, surprisingly close to her.

"What happened? Did you quarrel with the young madam of Duke Yong's Mansion?" Great Elder Princess Rui'an asked with a smile.

With her small face blushing, she blinked and nodded honestly without defending herself.

"The Young Lady in your mansion doesn't like you?" Great Elder Princess Rui'an reached out to touch Qin Wanru's hair. She thought that the child looked rather pleasing to the eye, and her sweet and honest look delighted her.

"Big Sister and I do not have the same mother. I am not related to Duke Yong's family at all!" Qin Wanru lowered her head and looked a little depressed.

"Who is your mother?" Great Elder Princess Rui'an tilted her head to glance at Shui Ruolan and didn't any similarities

"I don't know who my mother is!" Qin Wanru lowered her head, and Great Elder Princess Rui'an could only see the top of her head.

"Why don't you know?" Great Elder Princess Rui'an asked in amazement. It was normal for a man to record his illegitimate child as his legal wife's child in order to give his child a decent identity.

"I really don't know. It seems... no one has mentioned my mother!" Qin Wanru said, shaking her head bitterly

"Madam Qin, why can't this child's mother be mentioned?" Great Elder Princess Rui'an asked Shui Ruolan, puzzled.

"Great Elder Princess, I don't know either... I was not in Qin's Mansion at that time," Shui Ruolan said in shame.

"There must be someone talking about this Madam in your mansion?" Great Elder Princess Rui'an became increasingly suspicious and thought there must be a secret behind it. It was impossible that no one had talked about the child's mother, unless someone deliberately commanded them not to.

"I have always thought that my mother was Madam Di, but Madam Di falsely framed me for my sisters actions again and again. I couldn't help wonder why. and found out that Madam Di was not my mother. That's why decided to shift the blame onto me," said Qin Wanru bluntly. She spoke softly with the sorrow of a young girl.

"This child... is loved by no one!" Great Elder Princess Rui'an sighed, looking wilted. Great Elder Princess Rui'an, who still quite young, seemed to age.