Chapter 113 The Purpose of Being Hypocritical

The servant trader came soon on the second day. Because they needed to pick girl servants, Old Grandma asked them to go to Xinning Courtyard.

When Qin Wanru came over, it was still early. In the yard, only Shui Ruolan accompanied Old Grandma. After making a salute, she sat down next to Old Grandma with her eyes fixed on the girls brought by the servant trader.

All the people brought by the servant trader were girls, and there were more than one hundred of them. They lowered their heads and stood in the yard without making any sound. Old Grandma was very satisfied with them as a whole.

"Ruolan, Zhuozhuo, since you've come, just pick your girl servants first!" Old Grandma picked up the teacup and took a sip, and her face darkened. Madam Di and Qin Yuru had not shown up at this moment, which indicated that they didn't respect her at all.

The residences of Madam Di's and Shui Ruolan's were obviously the closest.

"Wanru, pick your girl servants first." Shui Ruolan said softly.

Qin Wanru nodded and stood up. She really had to pick a few girl servants first, lest Qin Yuru and Madam Di arranged girl servants in her place as scouts. A girl servant arranged by Madam Di was enough.

"Mother, you should pick a few more girl servants with me. If another servant trader comes here next time, you may not be able to pick agreeable girl servants!" Qin Wanru said.

Her words were quite meaningful. Shui Ruolan smiled and understood.

Qin Wanru had picked not a few girl servants this time, but most of them were second-class and third-class girl servants. After finishing picking, she was still worried. Thus, she specially asked Nanny Duan to have a look at them and kept those whom Nanny Duan considered not bad.

Shui Ruolan also picked not a few girl servants. She didn't mean to pick so many girl servants. But at the thought of Qin Wanru's words, she felt that she was more reassured to pick them now.

Old Grandma didn't care about that much. She just picked two girl servants to work in her yard.

Old Grandma told Nanny Duan to gather these girl servants they picked to train them and tell them the rules of the General's Mansion. After these girl servants were taken away, Madam Di finally showed up with Qin Yuru.

After making a salute separately, Madam Di and Qin Yuru also sat aside.

"Mother, why are there so few girl servants?" Looking at the remaining girl servants in the yard, Madam Di asked disdainfully with an arrogant sneer on her face, "Mother, let's change a servant trader. The capital is different from Jiangzhou. This servant trader brought a few girls indeed, which makes our Qin's mansion look petty."

"Grandma, this servant trader brought too few girls indeed. Last time I saw my grandma from my mother's family pick girl servants, and there were at least 50 of them. See, there are only a few girls. How can I choose from them?" Glancing over the girls' faces, Qin Yuru became increasingly dissatisfied.

They had just arrived in the capital, Madam Di and her daughter Qin Yuru had already become extremely pretentious. They did not forget to talk about the Duke Yong's Mansion even in this case. There was a hint of sarcasm across Qin Wanru's slightly drooping eyes.

Madam Di thought that she could do whatever she wanted with the support of the Duke Yong's Mansion! She was even suppressing Old Grandma with the power of the Duke Yong's Mansion.

They meant to suppress everyone with the power and put on airs in front of everyone by coming late!

She would slowly tear off this so-called guarantee from the Duke Yong's Mansion...