Chapter 51 Having The Same Name As In Her Previous Life

"Wanru, have you confirmed your choices?" said Shui Ruolan, sounding concerned, as she shifted her vision from Qin Yuru's back to Qin Wanru.

"Aunt Shui, I will settle these few maids. I trust Nanny Yu's choices!" said Qin Wanru, nodding.

"Come in a minute!" said Shui Ruolan to Qin Wanru, getting on her feet and entering the room. She wanted to have few words with Qin Wanru in private, so she instructed Qin Wanru to follow her into the room. She did not want the others to hear what she was going to say.

"Wanru, did you find your big sister behaving strangely today?" said Shui Ruolan after she hesitated for a while after Qin Wanru followed her into the room with a frown. She had meant to warn Qin Wanru about Qin Yuru.

"Rest assured, Aunt Shui. I will be on my toes around her!" Qin Wanru said with a smile. She had guessed as much since earlier on.

"Do you... do you want to let all these maids go, and have Old Maid Ya to bring in another batch for you to choose from tomorrow?" said Shui Ruolan with her eyes flashing with a new idea. She was still worried although she knew Wanru was now starting to be wary of Mrs. Qin and Qin Yuru.

Shui Ruolan tried to warn and remind her again by saying, "It's so coincidental for Yuru to drop by today. It seemed to me that she was up to something else."

Although Qin Wanru was an intelligent child, to Shui Ruolan, who had watched her grow up from a baby, she was still a child. She was no match for the evil and cunning Mrs. Qin.

"I will be careful, Aunt Shui. Moreover, I have you rooting for me, I'm not scared!" said Qin Wanru purposefully, as she looked at Shui Ruolan with her dark shining eyes which were filled with trust and reliance.

Qin Wanru knew Shui Ruolan too well, that sometimes she was too indecisive. Qin Wanru wanted to get rid of all of Shui Ruolan's unnecessary considerations and worries through this incident involving Qin Yuru.

Shui Ruolan's hand jerked as she seemed to have remembered something all of a sudden. Looking a little lost, she looked down and said, "Wanru, actually I... haven't..."

"Aunt Shui, Grandma's age is catching with her, and I'm still too young," Qin Wanru said with bright, curious eyes as she continued, "Did you happen to hear any rumors?"

Indeed Shui Ruolan was hesitating, but Qin Wanru did not want her to be hesitant. They had already come this far the issue now was not about whether Shui Ruolan should reconsider. If they were to take a step back, Mrs. Qin would take advantage of the situation and continued to push her limits. Eventually, Qin Wanru would sink into deeper danger.

In the previous life, Shui Ruolan had eventually lost the child in her womb precisely for this reason.

"But, your father and me... there's really nothing going on between us!" Shui Ruolan's was a bit down at this moment.

"So what? Who would believe you?" questioned Qin Wanru with a firm tone. Immediately, Shui Ruolan was struck dumb and looked helplessly at Qin Wanru for a long time.

"Miss, I agree with Second Miss Qin. Now you've become Mrs. Qin's rival, like it or not. If you were to retreat now, Mrs. Qin will not let you off. Moreover, you would be rejecting the general's support and help," Qionghua whispered, nudging Shui Ruolan.

"But..." said Shui Ruolan, still hesitating.

"Aunt Shui, please go back and reconsider. This doesn't just concern you, both Grandma and I need you," said Qin Wanru, with a hint of sadness on her face, although she tried hard not to betray her emotions, but she still ended up sounding grieved.