Chapter 34 Good Hair

"Qin Wanru, you're indeed a person who kept well to her promise, it took so long for you to come back to me!" said Chu Liu Chen, who was crossing his arms on his chest and standing at the mouth of Moon Cave, leaning against the wall. He stood right in Qin Wanru's way and was staring at Qin Wanru with raised eyebrows. Although his countenance was too pale for a spirited young man, there was beauty in it.

His beauty tinged with frailness gave people a thrilling feeling. However, when coupled with his casual but mocking eyes, it also gave forth a feeling of dangerous enchantment.

Qin Wanru blinked her dry eyes and took a step back unconsciously. She supposed she would become a cannon fodder if she went up to him.

"I... I didn't know when you would like to go out for a tour, Prince Chen!" said Qin Wanru, thinking it wise take initiative to explain herself.

She hoped she had not offended the prince.

"Why don't you ask if you don't know?" Chu Liuchen raised his eyebrows and asked casually. Cladded in a bright red robe, he looked especially enchanting.

Although he looked exceptionally pale and frail, Qin Wanru had to admit that Prince Chen was indeed so handsome that he looked like someone from a painting, an enchanting character from a painting.

"Something happened in the house and my grandmother had fallen ill," said Qin Wanru, hanging her head. She pinched the corner of her clothes and sounded helpless.

Chu Liuchen walked up to her and looked down at her to see her the top of her head, covered with dark hair.

Although this young man was frail, he was at least a head taller than Qin Wanru. From his angle, Qin Wanru appeared scrawny.

"Don't they offer you food in the General's Mansion? Is that why you're so short?" a suspicious look appeared on the young man's face as he reached out to pat Qin Wanru's head. He realized that her hair was extremely soft so it felt as if he was patting his pet cat. He thought in his heart that she had really good hair!"

"I'm not short, on the other hand, I'm actually quite tall!" cried Qin Wanru innocently, as she stood straighter, puffing up her chest. At the same time, she looked up to Chu Liuchen to see if he noticed that she had straightened up to look taller.

She did not feel short at all. In fact, in her previous life, she was even slightly taller than most other girls when she was a growing adolescent.

However, she realized that she had not entered into that growth spurt when lifted her head to look at Chu Liuchen and immediately she became listless.

Before she reached the growth spurt, she was indeed rather scrawny!

"If you're considered tall, then there would not be any short people in the world!" said Chu Liuchen mockingly, exposing her ignorance. He shrugged and moved on to another topic of conversation, saying, "So I heard someone in your mansion fell into the water today and there was a commotion. Was it you?"

"It wasn't. It was the daughter of another family!" said Qin Wanru matter-of-factly.

"There was a lot of drama going on in your mansion and it's really interesting to be watching them!" said Chu Liuchen, smiling as his mood lifted.

At this instant, he was like a handsome gentleman in turbulent times. Although he was still too young to be addressed as a gentleman, he did look like the charming gentleman described in books.

Of course, this was only true when he was in a good mood.

Qin Wanru did not know whether to laugh or cry when he mentioned that there was much drama going on in her mansion. All she could do was to force a smile as an indication agreed to what he said.