Chapter 153 How Influential It Would Be?

When seeing Qin Huaiyong's eyes darkening, Qin Wanru smiled slightly, reached out and held Shui Ruolan. She said in a low voice, "Mother, don't be angry. Please pay attention to your body. You must be tired after such a long journey. How about sit down and have a rest? Look at you; you are sweaty!"

"Ruolan, sit down first!" said Qin Huaiyong. When he looked at Shui Ruolan, his face softened.

Madam Di glared at Shui Ruolan hatefully. "A mean widow! How could she not be ashamed of having our general's baby? She needs to know she is shameless!" Then Madam Di set her eyes on Shui Ruolan's abdomen. If her eyes were fire, Shui Ruolan's abdomen would be burnt a hole.

Shui Ruolan didn't refuse his suggestion and nodded in agreement. Then she sat in the chair beside Qin Huaiyong with Qin Wanru's help.

This scene made Madam Di nearly get mad but when she raised her head, she then became angry and wronged. She looked at Qin Huaiyong and said, "General, just say something!"

Qin Huaiyong looked at Qin Wanru, frowned and asked, "You had a quarrel with Yuru when you meet at the entrance of Rui'an Great Elder Princess' Mansion, didn't you?"

"Yes, but I had no quarrel with elder sister. It was the lady of Duke Yong's Mansion who tried to push me down the fence. There are numerous gravels. People would either die or get hurt if falling down. Lady Yan of the Deputy Prime Minister's Mansion could not bear and helped me a lot! Many people also saw the scene!"

Qin Wanru raised her eyes and said blankly, "Why are you crying? It is I who got hurt, isn't it? Or is elder sister worrying about me?"

She set her blank eyes on crying Qin Yuru and her angry mother, seeming that she didn't know her mistake.

"You are lying! It is you who told them about the event of Jiangzhou deliberately!" shouted Madam Di quickly when she found that the thing went wrong. She felt extremely angry in her heart because she didn't receive the invitation card from Rui'an Great Elder Princess. When people of Duke Yong's Mansion finally promised to bring Qin Yuru together, she, however, came back like a drowned rat.

Rui'an Great Elder Princess was not the Duke Fengyang so it would be quite difficult to be invited by her. With that honor, if she met the Princess of Duke Yangqu, she dare not say anything at Rui'an Great Elder Princess' banquet. If she agitated Great Elder Princess, the Princess of Duke Yangqu could not take this responsibility.

However, she missed this perfect chance and let Shui Ruolan appear in front of others first. How would others think about her?

Was she unwanted? Would she not be the official wife soon and let the second wife be an honor guest? Would the general not want his official wife?

Madam Di had been angry about this while Qin Yuru came back in tears. However, she could not let off her anger on Shui Ruolan and then she chose Qin Wanru.

"What did I tell others?" Qin Wanru seemed to be much blanker, and said, "So do you mean that I explained to others that I didn't snatch other's bridegroom and I didn't break off the engagement in Jiangzhou?"

When she finished, she deliberately turned around, looked at Shui Ruolan and asked hesitantly, "Mother, many ladies being with elder sister said I did these things, didn't they? Couldn't I explain to them that I never did these things?"

Shui Ruolan turned and looked at Qin Huaiyong. She looked a little bit serious and asked, with her hands covering her abdomen subconsciously, "General, why would they say that to Wanru? Wanru just arrived in the capital city and she isn't a well-known lady of an aristocrat family. However, why would so many people say that to her? When we just entered the mansion, there were many ladies of Duke Yong's Mansion and they were all talking about this!"