Chapter 122 Dispute between the Mother and Daughter

"Madam, you still remember the Princess of Duke Yangqu, don't you? You know it was the Princess of Duke Yangqu who sent father the cart driver who intended to kidnap Miss Luo, don't you?" said Qin Wanru. She looked up at Madam Di directly.

"The Princess of Duke Yangqu?" Madam Di's hand on the table trembled and the look on her face hardened. She had heard of the reputation of the Princess of Duke Yangqu when she was in the capital city. In a cold sweat, she knew this princess was not a woman to be trifled with.

"Does it really concern me?"

When in Jiangzhou, she only knew that the cart driver kidnapped the wrong person and it was a powerful Madam who sent the person to Qin Huaiyong. However, she had never recognized it was the Princess of Duke Yangqu from beginning to end.

"When the Princess of Duke Yangqu saw me, she looked very unhappy, and asked about you especially. She also said she was eagerly looking forward to a great meeting between you and herself at the banquet of the Marquises' Mansion of Fengyang."

Qin Wanru blinked, with a slight smile.

In Madam Di's eyes, however, the slight smile was not kind. Then, her look turned surly.

"Mother, who is the Princess of Duke Yangqu? What does she have to do with us?" asked Qin Yuru accidentally. She did not understand what they were talking about.

"Well, it is about what happened in the Jingxin Monastery. A cart driver of our mansion almost kidnapped Miss Luo, the daughter of the Princess," explained Qin Wanru.

Qin Yuru did not understand. When she continued to ask, Nanny Zhou tugged at her sleeve. She quickly stopped talking and looked at Qin Wanru suspiciously.

The room suddenly quieted down, only leaving Madam Di's slightly heavy breathing. There was a standoff.

"Madam, may I not attend the banquet of the Marquises' Mansion of Fengyang?" asked Qin Wanru, with a slightly ironic smile. She looked at Madam Di and knew that Madam Di was frightened and scared right now.

Madam Di thought she could do whatever she wanted in the capital and control Shui Ruolan. She also believed that if she did not admit it, even if she went too far or even framed Shui Ruolan, Qin Huaiyong would not do anything to her because she came from Duke Yongkang's Mansion.

Madam Di suddenly leaned back, put her hand over her head, and said stiffly, "Yes, and just go back. I have a headache!" She had no energy to deal with Qin Wanru so she directly showed Qin Wanru the door.

Qin Wanru stood up, bowed, and said, "Then I hope you say something nice in front of father for me!"

"Okay, I know," answered Madam Di coldly. She squeezed out a merciless smile and pinched her handkerchief firmly.

Seeing Qin Wanru leave, Qin Yuru, who watched every step just now, could not wait to ask, "Mother, what is going on?" She found out that there were differences between this matter and the one discussed before.

"B*tch!" Madam Di swore. Her look was so sullen and gloomy that it seemed to rain. She glowered at Qin Wanru, her eyes overflowing with venom.

"Mother!" shouted Qin Yuru. She found that Madam Di ignored her, and she stamped her feet in anger.

Madam Di did not want to answer her. She frowned, making her beautiful eyes into inverted triangles while showing an agitated and ferocious look.

Nanny Zhou tugged at Qin Yuru's sleeve and said in a low voice, "Lady, please leave Madam alone and let me tell you!"