16

The night of the dance I told myself I was going to tell her how I felt. Even if she knew already.

Her friends had come over to get ready here and they had already came out of the room and showed us what they wore. They had the same dressed only one was orange, one was purple, and one was blue.

"Dudettes you look amazing." They blushed "thanks" I heard the door open again, but all attention was on me and Y/n now.

"It took us thirty minutes to persuade her to wear the damn dress, but here she is."

When she stepped out from behind her friends I was in awe. She looked absolutely amazing.

The dress:

The hair: (just without the hair piece)

It felt as if the world stopped and it was just us

It felt as if the world stopped and it was just us. She was beautiful no matter what, but this time there was something else there. "You look...wow." I heard her friends awe and my brothers snicker a little "oh uh...thanks?" She noticed us and snickered a little "you guys cleaned up nice."

Mikey smiled "of course we did

Mikey smiled "of course we did. You guys are worth it." All of them blushed "maybe we should get going." Y/n took off for the shellraiser with her head down and I elbowed Mikey a little "sorry. I didn't know it would have that kind of effect on her."

When we got to the school I could tell Y/n was nervous as was her friends, so once Leo parked and we got out I offered my hand to her. She took it and gave me a shy smile as we both blushed.

"Don't be nervous. You look amazing, so there's no reason for it." She nodded "I know, but I don't like it when people stare." I chuckled "well you better get used to it just for tonight because-" I realized what I was going to say and stopped myself as we walked through the doors "b-because you look amazing." She giggled "I know. You've told me that four times now." She glanced at me as we entered the gym and stopped us "your ties loose." She turned so she was in front of me and tightened it "that's not to tight is it?" I shook my head "no its not. Thanks." she smiled "yep, now lets find the others. We fell behind." She took my hand again and started dragging me through everyone until we found my brothers and her friends.

"What took you guys so long?" Reba had a smirk on her face "it wasn't that. His tie was loose, so I tightened it." Reba laughed "I know I just had to give you a hard time." Y/n laughed and my heart fluttered.

We were there for twenty minuets when the DJ announced that the cupid shuffle would play next, so Y/n's friends pulled her to the dance floor. "I'm not dancing." They laughed "yes you are. We know you cant resist this song." She glanced over at me and when we met eyes she blushed and quickly looked away "I-I can't do it guys." Reba raised her brow at Y/n then said something I couldn't hear which resulted in Y/n swatting at her "you know its true and you can't deny it." Y/n rolled her eyes then looked at me and smirked before making her way towards me and I knew what was about to happen.

"Come on." She took my hand and pulled on it, so I just followed because I couldn't tell her no. When we got out there all eyes were on us as the song started and Y/n and her friends started dancing to it making me chuckle and shake my head as I watched. Up until my brothers ran in and brought me to the center. "If I can do this you can too." Y/n was having the time of her life and I loved how happy she looked as she motioned for me to join in, so I finally gave in and joined in with everyone. After a little while more people joined in until the entire floor was covered with people and mutants. 

When the song was over Y/n went over and sat down at a table and her friends laughed at her as all of us stood around her. "What's so funny?" Genie shook her head and pointed at Y/n "every time you say the same thing and every time you do the same thing." Y/n laughed and my heart fluttered again "ok, so I like dancing to the song so what? At least I'm enjoying myself." I chuckled and leaned on her chair "yeah. I haven't seen you this happy in a while." She turned and looked at me "don't encourage them to pick on me." I smiled "I wasn't." Leo elbowed me a little and when I looked at him he motioned for me to listen, so I did and a slow song was playing.

My brothers took Y/n's friends to dance, but I couldn't work up the courage to ask her. "Raph you ok?" I jumped a little and looked at her "y-yeah just thinkin' is all." She smiled "just making sure because you were really zoned out and whatever you were thinking about was making you blush and your hands were getting clammy." I rubbed the back of my neck "sorry" she placed her hand on mine "don't be it happens to all of us at some point in our life." I sighed "I know, but I hate the feeling." She giggled "of course you do. You hate a lot of stuff." I chuckled "yeah I guess I do." Silence fell between us as the others walked back over to us "you guys good?" We both nodded "just didn't want to dance?" Y/n shook her head "no we didn't." 

The next few songs played were upbeat and after that it was a slow song then upbeat again and I knew dance was getting close to ending, so I knew I either needed to take my shot or keep trying to ignore my feelings for Y/n.

"How about one last slow song for those couples?" Leo elbowed me and I looked at him, but he motioned for me to follow him, so I did. Once we were in the hall Leo folded his arms and looked at me "you need to ask her to dance or you'll never get your shot." I rolled my eyes "I know, but...I'm nervous." I looked away from him on the last part "you aren't nervous to fight a ninjutsu master who could kill you, but you're nervous to ask a girl to dance?" I sighed "yes actually I am fearless." He chuckled "well if you don't ask her I'll just tell her how you feel about her." I growled "like hell you will." He smirked "try me." I rolled my eyes and walked passed him and back to Y/n who smiled at Reba and Mikey as they held onto each other and slow danced "h-hey Y/n." She looked at me "uhm...would you l-like to dance?" She smiled and stood up "sure." I felt like weight was lifted off my shoulders "o-ok."

As we danced it felt like it was just us and no one else, so I worked up the courage and got prepared for anything.

"Remember that conversation we were having like an hour ago?" She nodded "I can name one thing I don't hate." She raised a brow "is that so?" I swallowed hard and nodded "yeah. Do you want to know what it is?" She nodded "of course." I swallowed my fear of rejection and looked her in the eyes "I don't hate you. In fact I...I really really like you." She blushed "y-you mean it?" I nodded and she smiled "well then can I tell you something I don't hate and feel the same about?" I nodded and she looked away from me "well...his names Raph and he makes me believe in myself when I don't. He also can make me laugh when I just want to be left alone and cry...Because of this I happen to really really like him the way he likes me." It felt like time stopped when she looked up at me again and gave a shy smile "then can I ask you a question?" She nodded "will you go out with me?" She gave a genuine smile "of course. I can't say no to you." I smiled at her as the song ended and we walked back to the table hand in hand.