14

POV change

I sat listening to Y/n and her friends getting ready to sing and today was the last day they were singing since it was Christmas after all. I heard them taking about what song to choose because they had sang most of them, so I gave my opinion.

"You girls are very talented." Everyone except Y/n jumped "oh hi Master Splinter." I smiled "hello Y/n. If you dont mind I have a song I would like to suggest." She smiled at me "of course what is it?" I told her the name and she nodded "it wouldn't hurt. It'd be so people could remember their loved ones this Christmas. Thanks Splinter." She hugged me and I chuckled before placing a hand on her back gently "you are welcome miss Y/n." She pulled away from the hug "ok guys we gotta practice." I walked out and to my sons who were sitting on the couch impatiently.

"My sons you must be patient. I know you are all very excited for Christmas presents, but just know it is more important to be around the people you love becau-" Raphael cut me off "because you never know how long you truly have with them until its to late, so you should never waste time when it comes to family and friends. We know sensei yoj tell us every year." He rolled his eyes an I hit him with my cane "ow!...sorry sensei." I chuckled then the girls were on the radio, but it wasnt what we wanted to hear.

"I can't do it...I just- I can't." My sons all looked at each other then to me "go." They nodded and got up, making their way into Y/ns room "dudettes whats wrong?" As they explaimed what was going on I finished wrapping a few presents I had for everyone.

"Look Y/n you got this. You've been pushing through with alot of songs. This song is no different." I smiled "yeah what Leo said and you're like the bestest turtlette I know." I face palmed "they really honestly do have a point. You've sang songs that were more emotional than this one, so you shouldn't be crying. I-I mean-" Raphael must've slapped him because he went quiet "my brothers have a point Y/n. I understand it's your first Christmas without your mom and with her dying so recently I get why you are so upset and your emotions are everywhere, but you can do this. You don't have to be the lead singer. You can be a backup singer."

There was silence for a while and I sat patiently waiting for what was going to happen next. "Ok. Everyone on the radio listening right now listen up. These girls that have been singing for you have put their hearts and souls into these performances...even in their darkest times. This month they lost the only mother figure they knew all their lives, but for one of them it was much worse because it was actually her real mother who passed away. Sometimes these performances are hard for them to do because of this reason, so today things are going yo get switched up." Silenfe for a while then Leonardo started talking again "someone who usually doesn't sing as the lead singer will be singing today. Enjoy the song."

POV change

You sat down between Mikey and Splinter after your friends and cousin left.

"Can we open presents now?" You smiled at how happy Mikey was "yes, but Y/n gets to hand them out." You looked at him like he was crazy and he only smiled at you "ok I guess I have to get up again." You stood up and found a present for everyone including yourself before sitting down by the tree "ok youngest to oldest." Splinter smiled and nodded at you before Mikey started on his.

Once all the wrapping paper was off he smiled and hugged you "dudette this is amazing. Who made it?" It was a small sculpture of Mikey, his brothers, Splinter, Leatherhead, Mondo Gecko, Ice Cream kitty and you "my art teacher did because she had to repay me for something. I know how you always wanted something like that, so I got it done." He sat down mext to you and Raph started on his. He was a hard one to get things for, but Leo came through and had got him a full collection of the comic series he had wanted for a few years now "thanks Leo." Next was Donnie who got some more beakers and other sciencey things "thank you sensei." Splinter nodded and it was now your turn "oh uh...alright."

You unwrapped the gift and looked at it. It was from Raph and it was your favorite picture of you, your mom, and your sister and it was in the photo frame Raph broke on accident a few months ago, but he had fixed it and now it was absolutely beautiful.

"Aww thanks Raph." You felt tears well up in your eyes, but held them back "yeah dont mention it." Next was Leo who got his favorite space heros comics Mikey used as toilet paper replaced with brand new ones "ah man thanks Mikey." Next was Splinter. He was another one who was hard to get things for, but you and the boys pulled through. It was a family picture including Karai. He smiled at the photo "tnank you my sons and thank you Y/n, but I must ask where are you miss L/n? You are part of our family too." You blushed "o-oh I didn't think about that." He smiled and placed the picture next to him.

Everyone had one more present left so it went youngest to oldest again, but this time Raph was told not to open his until everyone else was done even though you attempted to argue with Leo about it, but gave up when Splinter said something you couldn't understand. When it got to Raph your heart was racing it was a plane ticket that was booked for March tenth of the soon to be new year.

Once he got it open he just stared at the little box in his hand before opening it slowly. On top of tbe ticket was a note that called him out for everything he planted in your locker and the notes he always threw at you which made him blush while you smirked at him. He could tell there was more than just that note in the box, so he dumped it out and upon seeing rhe back if the plane ticket he raised a brow then flipped it over and looked at it a moment before realizing why he had it.

"W-wait you WANT me to go with you?" You nodded "I already got the ok from Splinter and Leo so yes." He smiled "tnanks, but I dont know you said it gets colder there then it does-" you cut him off "I'll let you ride it." He stopped and stared at you a moment "deal." You kaughed and so did everyone else "I know how to win and its a litfle scary." You got up "anyone want any hot coco?" They all nodded and yku went into the kitchen and started making it. Today went better than you expected it to.