61

POV change

As you sat quietly next to Raph waiting for your plane you were beyond excited to meet these two kids, but also nervous. "Raph what if they don't like us and us going down there is a waste?" He sighed "then I guess it wasn't meant to be. I'd love to take any kid possible from a bad situation like what these kids are in, but if it doesn't work out then it just doesn't." You frowned "I know, but this'll be our third trip somewhere to meet kids. The other two times may have been in the US, but still. It sucks when kids don't like you." He nodded then the boarding for your plane was called, so you quickly made your way in that direction and boarded the plane.

The flight was long, but to you it seemed to go by quite quickly and that was even switching to a different plane once you reached Africa. "So what you folks here for?" You and Raph looked to the lady who sat next to you "hoping to adopt two kids. What about you?" She smiled "I'm here for the same reason. I was actually called to come get this little boy who was born without arms. He's only two. What children are you guys hoping for?" Raph smiled and you watched her blush which told you she was single or just kind of a hoe "siblings. A five year old and a four year old. Parents dumped them there emaciated a year ago." She frowned "poor babies. Hopefully they like you guys and all goes well." You both nodded and spoke with her even after the plane landed and you all had to get on a truck to be taken to the orphanage type place "well I wish you both good luck. See you hopefully on the plane back to the US in two weeks." She waved as she entered a building opposite of the one you needed to go in.

"Well Raph this is it." He looked at the building and seen two little heads poking up out a window "theres no time like the present. We better get in there." You took a deep breath then nodded as you held onto Raphs hand and walked in the building. "You two must be Mr and Mrs. Hamato. Go ahead and sit down." You noticed the kids hiding behind the man at the desk "yes we are." Both of you sat down and answered all the questions he asked then filled out some papers "and just like that you guys are approved. Your room you will be staying at this week is at the end of all the buildings. Have a nice day." He walked the kids and you guys down to it then left once you were all inside.

"Who are you?" The little boy hid behind his sister and pointed at Raph who didn't really know how to answer "I'm Raphael." He squatted down to be on the same level as them "who are you guys?" The little girl was quite shy, but shrugged "we were never given names. We only have numbers." You and Raph exchanged looks "well what do you guys call eachother?" The little boy moved out from behind his sister a little "she calls Josiah." You smiled at him "thats a wonderful name." The little girl kept looking at Raph slightly scared "I-I'm Jones." So we were surprised that they had American like names, but they'd be easy to remember "Jones you dont need to be scared of him. Hes a giant teddy bear." Once he stood up and turned around to look for something in the bag you smiled at Jones "watch this." You poked his one shoulder and stayed out of his line of sight and did this multiple times until he suddenly spun around and caught your hand mid poke with a grin on his face.

Needless to say within two days Raph won Jones over and Josiah opened up a bit more. "So what do you guys do for fun?" They looked at you weird "we are stuck doing chores or something." You sigjed "ok then how about we teach you guys a game then play it?" They nodded excited then you showed them how to play hide and seek and also tag which they had fun playing both, but tag was obviously their favorite. Around six in the evening the person who usually took care of them stopped by to talk to you and Raph privately.

"Is there something wrong?" He shook his head "no, but there is another family wanting to meet those two. They will be here the day you are supposed to leave, so the children will stay here and if they choose that family they will go with them, but if they choose you guys they will be sent to you guys with an escort." Your heart dropped "ok. I understand they should be given every chance possible, so whatever family they choose will be the better fit for them." He nodded and you could sense Raphs anger rising the longer he spoke to the both of you about the situation.

"Its not right that they just automatically let another family come in while we are here. They told us that if anyone else was interested they would decline them given our situation, but here we are a little less than a week and a half shy of leaving here and they pull us aside to tell us another family is coming to meet them. This is just a load of bull shit if you ask me." You sighed "I know its frustrating Raph, but everything happens for a reason and trust me I know how much you hate that saying, but it really does. If I could change the way things played out or will happen I would...but I can't." You broke down into tears failing to keep them back like you usually could "hey hey hey. It'll be ok Y/n. I know things are frustrating, but-" you shook your head "but nothing Raph. My body doesn't work the way its supposed to so that causes problems then every time we think we get a chance something happens and we don't. I just...I just hate that we can't have a baby naturally then the last four chances we've had with adoption has always fell through because another family walks into the picture and I'm just tired of it." He wrapped his arms around you and just held you there on the bed with his legs tangled with yours until you fell asleep.