50

POV change

"Well?" She sighed "still nothing. We've done countless tests to see why you're losing weight and we still haven't found any-" a nurse came in through the door "we found something." She handed the papers to the doctor and after a moment of silence "you have Hyperthyroidism, or overactive thyroid, it develops when your thyroid gland makes too much thyroid hormone. These hormones control many functions in the body, including metabolism. If your thyroid is overactive, you'll quickly burn calories even if you have a good appetite. The result can be unintentional weight loss." I looked to Raph "is there any way to cure it?" She nodeed "yes. Sometimes if the medication doesn't work we have to do surgery, but you don't need to have that done, so we'll put you on medication for it and if you get worse come back and we'll set up surgery." I nodded then left with Raph to pick up my medication at the front counter before heading home.

At home Reba ran over and wrapped me in a big hug "whats this for?" I patted her back awkwardly "you damn near died a week ago and you ask what its for?" I smiled and rolled my eues "your welcome for keeping you on your toes all the time. Also Raph don't forget to clean your hand because it almost got infected when you didn't." His jaw dropped "I didn't think you knew about that." I heard Splinter chuckle "that's because I told her." He looked at me defeated and at Splinter like he had been betrayed making Splinter chuckle again "you have to be honest with her about those things Raphael. You never know qhen your last moment with your loved ones may be."

Within three weeks you had improved, but suddenly started to go downhill again, so back to the doctors I went while Raph was at work. "With how you look I'd give it another month before considering surgery, but if you dont improve in two weeks come back and we'll set it up. For now here's a note for a refill of your medication." I took it and left once she gave me the ok and ince I got home texted Raph what they told me then got ready for work.

By the time my shift was halfway through Raphs was over, so he stopped by to check on me. "I'm sorry sir. I can make you a new pizza and give it to you for free if thats what you want." He sigjed "im just a little frustrated they didn't put twenty-five peices of pepperoni on there when I clearly asked." I nodded "I can fix it I really can. We've been extremely busy today and we've also been trying to train a new kid, so we got very mixed up a few times." Suddenly his whole attitude changed "oh no it ok I can deal with twenty-two peices. You guys have a nice day." He walked out pizza in hand and I sighed before taking the next order "that'll be five even." She handed me the money "would you like your receipt?" She thought a moment before taking it from me and sitting down just as there was a knock behind me making me turn around "hey do you need anything?" I sighed "I need someone to run the register so I can help with pizza." He nodded then disappeared and came back a little while later in our work uniform and took over the register while I helped the rest of my workers.

By the end of my shift my feet hurt so bad that I didn't want to walk out to Raphs bike, but did anyway and soon was on the way to the lair where I collapsed on the couch completely exhausted. "You ok there hoss?" He chuckled and moved my feet before sitting down "yeah. Just tired." He chuckled "well dont be falling asleep cause I won't take you to your room." I smiled as I used my arms as pillows "you go ahead and claim that." Within five minutes I started dozing off and ai heard Raph chuckle before lifting me up and taking me to my room where he covered me up then kissed my forehead before leaving.

The next morning I slowly walked to the kitchen and found something I wanted to eat before I headed off to work for yet another exhausting day.

By the end of the week I was so drained I wasn't able to go out on a date with Raph like we wanted, so we set it to a different date, but once again I was so tired he couldn't take me and in the end we just ended up not going or setting it for a certain day, just hoped things would work out and they eventually did, but it took quite a while.