24

This isn't how these work, but its how they work in my story.

POV change

I stood at the top of the hill watching all the racers go by as a warm up and quickly noticed Y/n hadn't gone by, but didn't think anything of it until a minute or two later when she came up over the top going extremely fast and the guy across from me smiled and nodded towards her.

"She's got this so long as she doesn't get scared like all the other years." I looked at him funny "what do you mean? And how do you know Y/n?" He chuckled "she usually gets scared halfway through the hill and slows down which puts her in second if third place. I also know her because when she was knee high to a grasshopper she thought it was fun to run between her brothers legs and she tried it with me, but I wasn't as tall as him, so she dropped me dead in my tracks." I laughed "that sounds about right...she usually doesn't cause much trouble with me, but it happens." He seemed to think about something before turning to me "how do you know her?" I sighed "its kimd of a long story, but I go to school with her and she's my girlfriend." He punched me in my shoulder and I acowled at him "good for you man. Shes a hard one thats for sure." I chuckled a little "yeah she is, but you can't help but love her for it." He smirked at me "you really love her don't you?" I hesitated, flushed, then nodded "y-yeah I do." He smiled and elbowed me slightly "dont let her go. I seen the look she gave you wjen she brought you up. She loves you too she's just scared to say it." I let that sink in for a moment "and if I ever catch the bastard that hurt her so help me God I'll destroy his ass." I smiled and looked at him just to study him for a second.

He had short brown hair, crooked teeth and some that were missing, he stood a little under six foot, and had blue eyes that were somewhere between Mikeys and Leos.

"Everyone from here that she knows really cares for her don't they?" He nodded "we definitely do...especially if we're family." I looked at him with one brow raised "so your some of her family?" He nodded "yeah mainly on her dads side, but there's one or two people from her moms side in there too." I smiled "well its nice to meet you...?" He scoffed "sorry I'm Ty." He stuck his hand out for me to shake and I shook it "we really should be focusing on this." I nodded "yeah."

There was two groups before Y/ns and so far the fastest time was a minute and fifteen seconds on a brand new 'sled' as Ty called it.

"Y/ns class is next. You might want to get out a camera." I pulled out my ohone and he looked at me funny "what is that?" I turned it on "its my phone." He chuckled "well its cool lookin'. Where'd you get it?" I smiled "my older brother made it for me. Well he made one for all of us. Y/n has one too." He chuckled "man. How'd he do it?" I shrugged "no clue. He's beyond smart. I dont know why he even goes to school. All he does is correct the teachers or show them how to properly do things." He laughed "thats hilarious...look when the races are over for the day would you mind if I took you guys out to get food? Just so I can catch up...Y/n doesn't know that I'm finally out of prison." He seemed bummed about the last part "what were you in for?" He sighed "its a long story. I didn't do it, but a woman frames me, so everyone believed her over me and my family. I hope Y/n never gets ahold of her. I mean I want karma to come back on the stupid bitch, but not in the way Y/n has in mind." He shook his head "but it doesn't matter. We need to start timing people now anyway." I nodded and looked at the ground before we heard the buzzer go off signalling someone started their race up.

After about fifteen people and the announcer telling everyone their names he suddenly hesitated and choked on air.

"...Ladies and gentlemen today is a great day for the daughter of the reigning champions has returned. I wish for everyone to turn your attention to the starting line where Y/n L/n the daughter of F/n and M/n L/n will be making her first start in two years. May we all bow our heads in prayer one more time today." He said a prayer rhen from all the way up at the top I heard everyone start cheering and hollering before the buzzer went off.

Ty elbowed me and once I looked at him he smiled "you might want to have your camera open. She's not scared today." I nodded and opened my camera not realizing I was doing what he told me.

Wjwn she came up over the top she didn't see the lip that had been left by other riders, which most had jumped on their snowmobiles, but not Y/n she was doing a wheelie and through her helmet I could see she had the biggest smile on her face which made me smile and once she landed back to hiw she should be sitting she went to far and stopped then Ty grabbed my shoulders and started shaking me while jumping up and down and showing me his timer then telling me to look at mine.

"Whats the big idea?" I shrugged his hands off my shoulder and gave him a nasty look "sorry, but she just set a new record." I looked at my timer and my mind blew. She had just shaved off twenty five seconds and ran it in fifty seconds flat which was almost impossible. I looked at him and started laughing before I saw her running over without her helmet on.

"Raph whats my time?" She sounded extremely excited "u-uh it's...well." she got over to me and looked at my timer before covering her mouth with her hands and looking at me with happy tears in her eyes "i did it." It was a little louder then a whisper then she wrapped me in a hug "I DID IT. I BROKE MY DADS RECORD." She let her tears start falling and I wrapped her in a hug "yeah you did. And you did it on your own." She squoze me as she started to shake then pulled away "look at this." She held up her hand it it was so shaky it looked like a phone vibrating across a table "thats what years of holding back looks like when you finally let it all go." She hugged me again then kissed me on the cheek making Ty smile.

After that day of races was over Y/n collected he prize money then looked at me "we are so going to this one barbecue place here." I shook my head "I dont think we are. Theres someone here that wants to take us out to get something, so I dont know." She was confused "you'll see when we get to the truck." She nodded and we headed to the truck, but not before we were stopped by reporters.

"Y/n how does it feel to beat your dads record thats been standing for twelve years?" She shrugged "i mean it feels good and all, but if I hadn't had alot of support in this I wouldn't have gotten far. If it wasn't for...if it wasn't for my boyfriend who I have with me today I would've never broke the record. I would've chickened out halfway through or at the very beginning and came in second again." The guy glanced at me as I crossed my arms and watched "what did he do to help you finally let go of the fear?" She smiled then looked at me "he told me that its ok to be scared. Without fear theres no success and without success you don't have fear. That last part his oldest brother and his father told me, but i mean I have people who have supported me my entire life and some who didn't support me until a few months ago. I mean if you ever need inspiration just look to your closest family and friends and if that don't work look to your enemies. I have to go I'm sorry." She walked over to me and took my hand in hers making herself blush "we have places to go, so let's go. I have everything loaded, so we can just head out."