8

POV change

When I walked away from her room I went to mine and sat in the edge of my bed where Chompy wandered up to me and made a few noises.

"Hi buddy." I picked him up and put him on my shoulder "you know Chompy...Y/n doesn't deserve what happened to her. She doesn't deserve to look like a freak." He nuzzled his head on my jawline and I chuckled "you think so buddy?" He made more noises and I smiled "how about we get you fed?" He did a little dance/wiggled and we headed to the kitchen.

It was right before patrol, so Leo was meditating, Mikey was watching TV and Donnie was in his lab. The last one I expected to see was Y/n. In the kitchen. Cooking.

I stood there a little shocked at first to see her hair was no longer at her shoulders, but down to her butt and it faded from dark brown to red.

(You can change the whole hair thing up if you'd like. I'm just throwing thing in there.)

Chompy made a noise and she turned around quickly "o-oh hey." She placed her hand on her chest "you almost gave me a heart attack." I chuckled "technically it was Chompy." I walked over to the fridge and grabbed something for Chompy "what you making?" She shrugged "I'm not really sure. I just grabbed some stuff and now I'm just adding a dash of this and a sprinkle of that until it tastes good I guess." I laughed "well it smells good." She was quiet for a little while, so I must've made her blush "th-thanks." I smiled "you know you get flustered easy." She turned around and looked at me and her face was pink "you know what leave me alone." I smirked "what? I can't give you a hard time? Besides...I think its cute when you get flustered." She went bright red and turned around "j-just...ok, so I get flustered easy. Why is that something thats fun to poke at?" I shrugged "because it'd be rude to tease you about other things and I'm not about to get my head slammed by a scalding hot pan." She giggled at the last part "at least you have common sense...sometimes."

I scoffed and "you done roasting me today? First you call me Lord Farquad and now your saying I only have common sense with certain things. And I'm not even anywhere near as short as Lord fuckwad either." She burst out laughing "I love pressing your buttons because your adorable when you get frustrated." I growled at her and fed Chompy another piece of pepperoni "besides its 'rude to make fun of other things' right?" I chuckled at her impression of me "ok ok. I'll admit that you have a few things on me." She smiled and glanced at me over her shoulder "you know theres been times I've thought you like me more than a friend." I blushed "wh-why do you think that?" She sighed "just because of how you act, but then you go back to your stone cold self in the snap of a finger." I laughed "stone cold?" She nodded and pulled the pan off the burner "yeah. That's the only way I could explain it." I shook my head and sat down at the lunch counter "I guess that is my goal of how others see me so I'm not complaining." She giggled and my heart fluttered a little "oh man I made to much." She debated on what she wanted to do then turned to me "do you want the rest?" I shrugged "depends on what it is." She walked over and showed me "its spaghetti with meatballs and some extra spices." I bit my lip and she watched me do it "fuck it. Yeah whatever I'll eat the rest." She went over and put it on a plate then got a fork and handed it to me "I'm not a real good cook, so if its gross I'm sorry." She grabbed her plate then sat down next to me as I took my first bite.

To be honest I didn't expect it to taste as good as it did since she said what she did, but I guess my expectations were too low. "This is better than pizza!" She giggled "thanks. In my mind after eating pizza for so many years I'm sure you get tired of it." I scoffed "not if your Mikey." She laughed a little "no kidding. I love the dude, but damn." I chuckled to hide the fact that I was hoping she meant it in a brotherly or friendship kind of way. When I finished eating I realized Y/n was kind of just poking the rest of her food like she was full "Y/n you good?" She sat up and nodded "yeah just a little full is all. I'll put it in the fridge." She got up and wrapped it then stuck it in the fridge "you realize Mikey will eat that if you dont out your name on it right?" She nodded "yeah well its free game to anyone who wants it so if he eats it I'm fine with it." I shook my head then a thought popped in mind "so who's taking your moms place when she leaves?" She sighed "I am. Dont get me wrong I don't mjnd working at the place, but after so long it gets kind of boring." I furrowed my brows "isn't your mom like the owner of the place or something?" She nodded "shes the owner pretty much, so thats my place once she's gone."

She looked down and sighed "but...I dont want her to leave. I've finally found the courage to talk to my own mother about my problems and once she's gone no one else will be there for me like she always was." She swallowed hard "but its life I guess " she wiped what I guess was a tear from her face "and life just goes on without a care in the world of who is and isn't hurt." She sighed "sorry for dumping this on you. You shouldn't have to listen to me." She sniffled "remeber what I told you Y/n?" She nodded "I'll listen if you need someone to talk to and...I'm here if you need a shoulder to cry on." She looked at me with tears in her eyes then wrapped me in a hug and its like I could feel all her problems just leave her.

I patted her back not knowing what to do then gave in and wrapped my arms around her as she cried into the crook of my neck. We stayed like that for who knows how long before she sniffled and loosened her grip on me, so I loosened my grip on her then moved my hands down to hers.

"Y/n look at me." She shook her head "why? Is it because you think your ugly?" She nodded "well your not, so just look at me." She slowly looked up at me as she calmed down and her breathing was extremely bumpy "you have so many people who will help you or listen to you in the snap of a finger its ridiculous. I know you don't like your face, body, or even your personality which is why I'm going to have you start doing something to change how you see yourself and we're starting now. You're mom is doing what she thinks is right for you and your family and you know that, but you don't want to accept it because your scared you may lose her forever." She wiped tears away and nodded "i-its beacau-se that's how I lost my one fri-end." She sniffled again, so I went and got her something to blow her nose "Y/n you told Mikey the one day something your mom says to you all the time what is it?" She blew her nose "everything happens for a reason." I nodded "ok and what do you think that reason is?" She shrugged "I dont know." I sighed "its so life can prove how tough you are. So far your proving to be the toughest person I know." She gave a small forced smile "now that thing I want you to do everyday is look in the mirror and tell yourself how beautiful you are then say two things you love about yourself and life." She nodded "I-I can try." I nodded "some effort is better than none."