20

POV change

You woke up the next morning laying on top of Raph who had fallen asleep with you earlier the day before. Your legs were entangled in his and your arms were up under his while he had his arms wrapped around you. I guess there was a way to fit two on a twin mattress.

You slowly wiggled out of his grip and once you were out made your way up the stairs. You were the first one awake, so you made breakfast for everyone and within minutes the kitchen was full and everyone was getting their food.

As everyone ate a groggy Raph with a crooked mask came up the stairs.

"Good morning sleepy." He groaned at your aunt and you held back a smile "make sure you kids get your chores done before you play any video games." All the kids nodded "can Y/n help so they get done faster?" Your aunt went to say no, but you smiled "I wouldn't mind helping considering I haven't had much to do in a while." Julia (the youngest) hugged you "yay the boss of moving hay gets to help." You laughed and Raph looked at you funny finally starting to wake up the rest of the way "Raph can help too. Hes pretty strong." You glanced at him and he was glaring at you from where he was leaning on the counter "I mean only if he wants to." He rolled his eyes and stood up when you put your plate and all of your cousins plates in the sink "if it means showing you up then I'm in." You rolled your eyes "its not a competition Raph. It's chores. Something you always trick Mikey into doing for you." He scoffed and made his way back downstairs "Y/n I have a question." You looked at your aunt "yeah?" He she sighed "is he usually like that...to you?" You knew where this was headed "no. He rarely is he just has some...anger issues and its easy to set him off. I usually try to keep the peace, but he doesn't always get that I'm joking." She nodded, but wouldn't say anything.

Once you got all wrapped up in your coat and two pairs of pants you grapped a pair of gloves and looked at Raph who laid on the bed with his shell to you.

"Raph I'm sorry ok? I didn't mean to-" he interrupted you "embarrass me? Yeah ok...whatever you say hoss." He sounded sad almost "Raph I honestly am sorry. I didn't know it was going to embarrass you...you also know I don't think sometimes when I'm talking." You had walked over and placed a hand on his arm "I can make it up to you. What do you want me to do?" He shrugged and glanced at you "I don't know." You sighed "look Raph laying here all day feeling bad for yourself isn't going to do much for you. The most it'll do is make my family think your some weakling who gets his feelings hurt easy and can't do anything for me and I dont want them to think that because your not that. I'll see you later." You removed your hand and slipped the mask off he gave you "and here's this too." You tossed it in front of him on the bed "I don't feel like wearing it today." You spun around and went up the stairs mumbling "if he wants to play we'll play."

As you helped move two thousand pounds of hay you listened to the music your cousins liked listening to and one was called Outlaws and Outsiders which you used to listen to when you got upset and had to do something, but it usually just pumped you up and helped you work faster which it did and within an hour all of it was moved...even though you were the one who moved it all.

"Come on theres six of you and one of me. I just moved over fifty bales of hay that were sixty plus pounds to your guys' twenty." They all laughed sheepishly then they all looked at each other and smiled as you walked towards them "can you do a TikTok with us?" You raised a brow "why would I do that?" Julia ran over and grabbed your hand "because you usually love dancing and we need someone who can out dance Klark." You sighed "just one then back to chores ok?" They all got excited and nodded and explained what was going to happen then set everything up.

Long story short you won the dance battle and everyone owed Julia over fifty dollars which she gladly took then continued watering the chickens. "Do you guys need me to feed the cows and horse?" Julia nodded "yeah, but be careful we have rodeo bulls now and they are mean to strangers." You nodded "ok. Do I need to go in the pen to feed or can I stay out here?" She sighed "sadly you have to go in to feed so be careful." You nodded and swallowed your fear as you grabbed the wheelbarrow and put two bales in it then headed towards the pen.

They only have ten cows and now they have five bulls too. Two being from the descendant of the bull that killed your dad. You opened the gate and all attention was on you since you had the feed. You made it to the feeder and took the twine (tiny rope) off the hay and put both of them in and so far no issues. You put the pitchfork back in the wheelbarrow and went to leave, but one thing stood in your way a three thousand pound bull that was pure white with baby blue eyes and had crooked horns that stuck off his head only a few inches.

"Uh guys..." Everyone turned and looked at you noticing you were pale and on the verge of tears "hold on Y/n we'll be in there in just a second." You nodded slowly and swallowed the lump in your throat "please hurry." They knew you were scared of cows, but there was a whole new meaning when it came to bulls.

You stood there having a stare down with it for a solid five minutes before your aunt came out of the house, by then you were shaking. "Y/n I'm coming." He turned so he was straight in line with you and lowered his head making you get ready to run if he charged "Y/n when I say run you better run." You nodded again not realizing Raph had ran out of the house behind her "o-ok." He backed up a little and before your aunt could say run he charged and you froze. You couldn't move, all the sound around you was drowned out, almost no one could move as they watched in horror and screamed at you to move, but you only closed your eyes and accepted that you might die.

You didn't feel anything except someone pull you out of the way and when you opened your eyes you were wrapped in Raphs arms as he squoze you a little and almost started crying.

"God Y/n. You have to stop having close calls like that." You noticed he didn't have his mask on and it was instead aronnd the bulls eyes keeping him from being able to see. You wrapped your arms around Raph and let out a shakey breath before he moved you around and picked you up like a bride "lets go in the house so you can calm down." You nodded against his neck and before you knew it he was sitting you down on the couch as your aunt continued to come in the house fuming.

"WHY DIDN'T YOU RUN? YOU COULD'VE BEEN HURT OR ENDED UP LIKE YOUR FATHER. " Your tears finally escaped and Raph spun sround looking at your aunt "and why don't you leave her alone? You knew she was so terrified she couldn't move and yet you think its ok to turn around and start fucking yelling at her? That's not how family works. Family is supposedto be there to comfort you after somethinglike that happens not yell at you." She was stunned to say the least and when she went to say something else she didn't get the chance "you better save your breath. I'm not someone who listens very well. Especially not to people who think even though they were worried its ok to yell at someone who almost died." He picked you back up and you sobbed into his neck as he carried you downstairs and tried to lay you on your bed, but you werent about to let go.