65

POV change

First day back to school after the break my students told me they wanted to play a game, so I laid a piece of tape on the ground then had them sit with their backs to eachother on the line.

"Ok. I'm going to hand each of you guys a little buzzer and a blind fold. I want all of you to put the blindfold on and when I ask a question if it applies to you buzz the little device in your hand. I will play this game too, but I won't be blindfolded. Does everyone understand what to do?" They all nodded and put the blindfolds on then placed their hands over the buttons "ok first question is who here plays video games?" All the buzzers went off "second question. Who plays bored games?" About half the class hit the buttons "third question...who here thinks my husband's hot?" The classroom erupted into giggles, but alot of girls and some boys clicked their button "ok. These next ones you don't have to answer, but I want you guys to picture these scenarios in your head unless they have happened to you. I want you guys to understand what eachother goes through or went through at some point in life. If any of these questions apply to you remove your blindfold, but don't remove it after just one question or just two. Do it when you feel most comfortable."

"Who here has lost family members, friends, loved ones, etc to a freak accident?" I watched a kid raise his hand "yes corbyn?" He swallowed hard "could you expand what you mean by freak accident?" I nodded "yes I can. When I say freak accident I mean literally anything that was an unusual accident. Something like defusing a bomb wrong on accident. Car accident. Horse flipping over ontop of them. Anything." There was silence then a buzz followed by three more then one or two more "click the buzzer if you dont want to turn out like everyone else in your family. You want to chamge for the better." The girl that hated me with a passion pushed her button first then a few more followed "click the buzzer if you lost someone to the Shredder or simply just violence of any kind." One trans girl took her blindfold off then pressed the buzzer "ok. Push it if you seen so many people lose their lives to drugs you're scared to do the same." The girl who absolutely hated me removed her blindfold and pushed it "push the button if you've ever gotten hate for your race or because your a mutant."

That one hit hard for alot of the kids throughout the day and made most of them remove their blindfolds and why the girl who hated me so much start to like me a little because we had something in common and she must've seen I wasn't there to do anything bad like she thought. After my fourth class there was lunch and Raph came to see if I needed anything and just to sit and talk.

"Hey you need anyth- never mind. I see you have food." I smiled at him "sorry a salad sounded good today." He shrugged "its fine. Maybe I didn't come in here to just eat food." He pinned me up against my desk in a playful manner "as much as I love you and having adrenaline rushes...no we arent doing this." He chuckled "and why not? To chicken? Do you not want to have a student come in as I'm eating you out?" I blushed and started tracing the crack in his plastron giving him goosebumps "no thats not it." I didn't realize the group of boys that had walked in and were watching "I just dont want to scar a kid for life or embarrass you." He scoffed confused "how would you embarrass me?" I pulled him close enough my chest was pressed against his plastron "maybe like this." I pecked his nose then swept my leg and flipped him over desk "oh come on thats the fifth time today." I could tell he was frustrated and couldn't help but laugh at him only then realizing there were students in my room as they laughed with me.

"Mrs. H that was cool. Where'd you learn to do that?" I giggled "thanks. He taught me as well as his dad and has been regretting it lately. What do you kids need?" They all looked at eachother "so you said you used to be singer. What made you stop?" I shrugged "just didn't want to do it anymore and I wasnt going to keep doing something that made me unhappy or uncomfortable." They nodded "but why'd you go into being a teacher after quitting? You have enough money to just retire now or not work for a while so why not do that?" I shrugged "wasn't happy doing that, so I went a different rout." They nodded as one kid wrote my answers down "is this for a school project?" They nodded "yeah." They showed me the paper and the questions they had written down as Rpah finally rose from the floor and sat in my chair "I can answer this one if you'd like." They looked at the one I pointed at "ok. What made you realize you could have a career as a singer? Like what point in life?" I sighed "sit down and we'll get to it."