12

Over the next few days we did a few songs that didn't make us emotional, but it made people in the city emotional including kids at our school and teachers who were usually hard as nails and didn't show much emotion. One day things would be different.

We were sitting in choir getting ready to learn who got the solos when the phone rang and Y/n was called to the office. Something that usually never happens unless its something serious. She left and it was a few minutes before she came back, but when she did she was grabbing her stuff to leave and it looked like she had tears in her eyes, but I couldn't tell.

POV change 

When the end of school came we went with the boys to the lair and Y/n's friends were with us, but when we walked in it was so quiet you could hear a pin drop and that wasn't normal. After listening quietly Raph disappeared in the direction of Y/n's room, but she must not have been there because he started to panic and went towards the dojo where Y/n was sitting in Splinters arms crying quietly and whispering something.

Upon seeing the scene in front of him he ran over and dropped to his knees next to Splinter and placed his jand on her back and Y/n cried harder. She eventually stood up and went to her room. Her friends had followed her back to her room and I did as well to see what had happened.

Reba knocked and the door opened which meant she expected someone to show up.

"Y/n what happened?" she sniffled "i-if I hadn't be-en asked to be checked out because of my pro-ject horses de-eath as well a-s my mo-oms then I wouldn't be crying." Kit walked over and hugged her "don't blame yourself Y/n. You needed time away. We wont get on the radio today. We'll head home and you can have a while to yourself." She nodded then looked to the other three "will you guys stay here please?" They nodded "anything for you Y/n."

POV change 

Within a week there was two funerals you had to go to and Christmas was only a week and a half away. You had only had one day off from singing because you needed to do something to get your mind off the events that had happened. Today marked exactly a week since it all happened and it was the choir concert as well, so you made sure to get as much emotion out as possible before the show since you were one of the soloists.

"Ok guys I have a question." They all looked at you as Genie hacked the radio station "is it ok if its just me who sings today?" They all smiled "of course, but if you need any help getting through the song we're here." You nodded "thanks guys." Genie gave you a thumbs up signalling she had hacked in and you could talk now.

"Hey New Yorkers. Today is a little different, but I hope that doesn't change the fact that you want to listen to this radio. It'll be just me singing today and even though all my...family is here for backup I hope I can do this alone." You nodded at Genie and she started the song not realizing the boys were sitting in ear shot and listening to the radio station you were on.

In the middle of the song the boys heard it echoing, so Donnie turned it off and found the actual singer was there in their home. They made their way to your room and sat just outside the door listening. Not realizing Raph was actually tearing up because he put himself in your shoes and imagined how you feel.

You teared up not very far into the song and honestly you started to cry during the song. Allowing all your emotions to wash over you. There was sadness, joy, fear, and any other emotion you could muster including anger.

When you finished singing you wiped the tears away and swallowed hard as Genie unhacked the system. The other two walked up and hugged you.

"That was beautiful." You looked up to Leo and his brothers who stood in the doorway "thanks." You looked away from them and closed your eyes as Reba and Kit let go of you "we better get ready for our concert tonight." Your friends agreed and started grabbing what they needed to get ready and you grabbed a few things for a shower then headed in the direction of the bathroom as the boys walked towards the living room, but Raph stuck by you for a moment to give you a much needed Raphael hug that you loved so much "Shredder shouldn't be bothering us for a while. We took care of him last night." You squoze him a little "I know you guys did." He squoze back and you felt all your stress and problems leave you.