Chapter 24

"Speech"

'Thoughts'

"Kyuubi Speech"

'Kyuubi Thoughts'

Previously -

"Step one completed!"

Naruto's POV -

"Alright now that you got the first step let's move onto the second one. For this, you need to do essentially the same thing but with this," Pervy-Sage said holding up a rubber ball.

"It will be more difficult to get down, but I have a little faith in you," He said, giving a quick smile before turning around and leaving to do more research.

"Damn Perv," I mumble picking up a ball to try and pop it. I had little success for about a half-hour before I realized I forgot to make Kage Bunshin.

"SON OF A BI..." I was cut off from my rage by a loud bird squawking.

"Kage Bunshin no Jutsu..." I said in a very monotone voice as about thirty Kage Bunshin puffed into existence.

"Alright, you all know what to do so get to it!" I yelled sitting down monitoring them all, and not a single one of them could get their ball to pop before nightfall.

"Hey, I see your... Wow!" Said Pervy-Sage making his presence known.

"Ohh, hey Pervy-Sage what's up?" I asked.

"I got to say using Kage Bunshin to train is quite the clever idea you brat. Anyway, I am here to tell you to call it a night cause we are leaving in the morning I found a lead on Tsunade. She is in a gambling town just to the west of here, maybe a two-day trip to get there three tops," The old sage said.

"Alright, fine I'll quit, FOR NOW, but I will get this by the time we are there, Dattebayo!"

- Timeskip -

We walked for about three hours when I finally got the hang of the ball exercise. I couldn't use Kage Bunshin while walking though so that slowed the process down a little bit.

"YATTA! I got it Pervy-Sage!" I say grabbing another ball from one of my pouches.

"Look!" I say as the ball starts to warp and deform before popping.

"Well, I got to say I'm impressed. It took the Yondaime about three years to complete this Jutsu," Jiraiya said.

"Really three whole years?" I said, surprised it took tou-san three years to complete it.

"Actually it may have been a year and a month, but that was a while ago," He added.

"Wow alright, what about the next step?" I said ready for the challenge.

"The next step involves putting them together. Now, how did you feel when you popped the ball differ from the water balloon?" He asked me to test my knowledge.

"Well, the water balloon felt like I needed to form a current in the balloon that would eventually pop. While this ball it felt as if I was just trying to condense my chakra making it more powerful," I look up at him waiting as if he would tell me I am right or not.

"Correct, all you need to do now is put the flow together with the power but this time you need to do this," He said pulling out a normal balloon that did nothing.