Chapter 52

"Speech"

'Thoughts'

"Kyuubi Speech"

'Kyuubi Thoughts'

Naruto's POV -

I could train with Hanabi a little bit, so she doesn't form bad habits, just fighting her clansman.

She was doing fairly well while watching her fight, but once she faced me, it was clear that the holes that she inadvertently opened up were due to constant fighting against her clan.

I pointed these problems out to Hiashi-Sama, who graciously accepted changing her training methods in the future.

"Naruto-Kun," I heard Hinata say behind me as I turned to meet her eyes.

"Hinata-Hime," I said with a smile and took her hand in my own.

"Naruto, remember what I told you, don't be out too late or..."

"Or I will be given a Tenketsu a day for the rest of my life. I remember Hiashi-Sama," I said, bowing.

"Good, have fun now and take care of my daughter," Hiashi-Sama said as the two of us made our way out of the compound.

"So, where are we going?" Hinata-Hime asked.

"That is a surprise," I said with a cheeky grin.

"Are you taking me to Ichiraku's again?" She asked with a small chuckle.

"No! Especially after last time," I said, remembering that contest they held where she was able to eat more ramen than me.

She laughed as I sulked about losing that contest for about a week.

After a few minutes of walking, we reached our picnic location, which was at the top of a waterfall near the village walls. We ate in peace. We talked for a bit as I told stories of my travels with Pervy-Sage and some new techniques that we have come up with for the future.

We had finished our food and rested side by side as we watched the sun slip under the horizon, casting a dimly lit blanket of a full moon now cascading across the land.

We sat there in the cool early autumn air, just enjoying the moment when I knew it was getting late, but I just wanted to stay here with her for a while longer.

All good things must come to an end as I knew that I would need to take her home soon if I wanted to live into next week.

"Hinata-Hime, I think it's time to go," I said, nudging her gently.

"Hinata-Hime?" I said, looking at her closely, seeing that she had fallen asleep.

I smiled as I gently kissed her forehead and picked her up bridal style, and began my trek back to the Hyuga compound.

After the long walk, as I tried not to disturb her. I made it into the compound and walked Hinata to her room, laying her into bed, and sat down at the foot of the bed.

I brushed the loose hairs off her face, tucking them behind her ear, and I cupped her cheek in the palm of my hand.

"Goodnight, my Hime, I will see you in a month, my love," I said, kissing her on the forehead again, and was about to leave when her arms wrapped around me, dragging me down into bed with her.

I look over to see Hiashi-Sama in the doorway, who had been there the entire time, let off a small laugh before replacing it with the typical Hyuga's stoic look.