Chapter 27

"Speech"

'Thoughts'

"Kyuubi Speech"

'Kyuubi Thoughts'

Previously -

"Well, if Kakashi-sensei knows you I am sure you'll have plenty of time to tell me that story of yours. Right Tenzo-Nii!"

"Right, Naruto-Kun,"

Naruto's POV -

It had been a few days since I met Tenzo-Nii and I had a long talk with Sasuke about something he is planning. It is a really crazy idea and I think he may be able to pull it off.

- Flashback -

"The hell are you talking about Teme! Do you know what the consequences would be? You will be labeled as a nukenin no doubt about it!" I half yelled.

"I know, but I feel it is our only chance you damn Dobe!" He said looking at me.

"Look I am not saying don't do it, but to be careful. I won't tell anyone because if I did there could be a leak in your plan," I said to which he smiled.

"Damn you're more reliable than I thought D..." I cut him off before he could finish.

"But if I find out you are doing this for your own petty reasons. I will make sure you die by my hand," I said, shooting a cold glare.

"The hell does that mean?" He questioned.

"I mean if you are not doing this for the best interest of the village, and if you betray the trust I convey in you, I will kill you," I said, still holding my glare.

"Fine, but you'll have to make it believable that you are in the dark about this. We will have to fight to nearly kill each other in order to not raise suspicion," He said with a sly smirk.

"What are you smiling at? I am more excited to test my strength against you," I said, dropping my serious demeanor.

"Damn it Dobe! Why do you gotta be like that?" He said.

"Hey, you won't let that Hebi-Teme know about my eyes will you?" I asked, half nervous.

"No, I will not tell him, but that doesn't mean he will not find out," He said looking down unsure.

"Well, When are you leaving?" I ask.

"A week, I plan to leave subtle goodbyes to some people before I leave, and don't ask when I'll be back I have no idea when that will be," He said.

"Alright well, I guess this is goodbye in advance. I will probably be on the team to try and retrieve you and if we have to fight so be it, just don't kill me alright?" I say before shaking his hand. It was at this moment that I was finally acknowledged by my rival for the first time.

- Present -

There was a loud banging on my door. I could hear Shikamaru, who was recently promoted to Tokubetsu Chunin. Yelling on the other side of the door.

"Why are you so lively this morning?" I say groggily trying to wake up completely.

"Sasuke left the village, we have to go to speak with lord Hokage," He said before leaving.