Chapter 20

"Speech"

'Thoughts

"Kyuubi Speech"

'Kyuubi Thoughts'

Previously -

"Neji Hyuga has been Knocked out and is unable to continue. Naruto Uzumaki wins!"

No One's POV -

"Well, I can't say I expected that!" Izumo said to a sulking Kotetsu.

"Hey, what's up with you?" Izumo said, looking at his friend.

"I just lost twenty thousand ryo that's what..." Kotetsu said, pouting as Izumo started laughing.

"I knew you could do it, Naruto-Kun," Hinata said just to the left of the two chunin. This caused them to look at her in shock.

"I didn't think that the heir to the Hyuga clan would be rooting for someone outside the clan. Who is he to you?" Izumo said as a blush rushed quickly to her face.

"He's...I... I'm not sure," Hinata said, turning back to the field.

"Ahh, I think I understand," Izumo said with a small smile as he turned back to the arena

In the Kage booth sat one Hiruzen Sarutobi, and Rasa the Yondaime Kazekage.

"Well, that was indeed an interesting match. I could have sworn that he was the prodigy of the Hyuga clan, and this boy came from nowhere and defeated him with some ease," Rasa said, turning to Hiruzen.

"Indeed, however, the young Hyuga still has much to learn when it comes to one's ego," He said back to the Kazekage.

"I see, but how would you rank their worthiness of being promoted, Kazekage-Dono," Hiruzen asked his fellow Kage.

"I would say they both have the skills the blonde boy has the wits and improvisational skills of a chunin. However, I think I will need to see more than Kage Bunshin, and a couple of Jutsu, in order to promote him. As for the Hyuga, I do not recommend a promotion. He needs to keep his emotions in check as it is important to keep a level head on more difficult missions," Rasa said looking towards Hiruzen.

"What do you think about the two as they are your shinobi?" Rasa asked.

"Well, I would say they both fought admirably however I do agree that neither showed enough to be promoted just yet," Hiruzen said just as the next two fighters are called down.

"Ahh, I see it is now your daughter's time to take the spotlight. She is facing off against Shikamaru Nara I believe, he will be a tough foe for her I hope you are prepared,"

"Ahh she will be fine that is if she doesn't let her guard down when she thinks she figured him out," Rasa said as something, or someone rather fell down from the finalist booth to the arena and just laid there.

"Ohh my he is quite the lazy one," Rasa said looking at Hiruzen who gave a half-smile while rubbing the back of his head.

In the arena, Genma watched as Shikamaru reluctantly stood up and looked at Temari.

"Great another girl, how troublesome," a yawning Shikamaru said.

"What did you say to me?" Temari said, a little upset.

"Troublesome,"

"Alright, Fighters ready?" Genma said looking between the competitors.

"Hell yeah, I am!" Temari said, drawing her fan out.