Chapter 8

"Speech"

'Thoughts'

"Kyuubi Speech"

'Kyuubi Thoughts'

Previously -

"Naruto I think we need to talk about your eyes." Kakashi said, reminding the team of the events before the fight started.

"H...Hai. Sensei!"

Naruto's POV -

"Well I don't know much about my eyes. All I know is how to activate them." I say, which was true however Kurama said he figured something out.

'Hey Kurama what did you figure out about my eyes?' I ask curious as to what he had deduced from our battle with Zabuza.

"Well kit this is just a theory, but I think you should have the guy with gravity defying hair check your chakra natures. I'll tell you where to go from there."

'Ok thanks Kurama' I say, exiting my mindscape.

"Hey Kakashi-sensei could you test my chakra natures real quick?"

"Hmm? Why?" Kakashi asked.

"I just need to test something." I say hoping that he would test me.

"Ok, I'll test you here." Kakashi pulls out two small sheets of paper, handing me one of them.

"This is chakra paper. What you do is you channel chakra into it. The paper will do one of five things. One, it will crinkle if you have a lightning affinity. Two, it will burn to ash if you have a fire affinity. Three, it will become soaked meaning you have a water affinity. Four, it will crumble to dust if you have an earth affinity. Lastly, it will split in half if you have a wind affinity." Kakashi-sensei explains as his paper crinkles up.

I then copy him and chanel chakra into the paper causing it to split down the middle, and then become completely soaked.

"So you have an affinity for water and wind." Kakashi says.

'Ok Kurama now what?' I ask my tenant what to do next.

"What you need to do now is have your sensei perform a jutsu from one of the three other elements with your eyes activated. Then try testing your chakra natures again"

I nod understanding what I need to do then exit my mindscape once again.

"Sensei now when i activate my eyes use a jutsu from one of the elements I do not have an affinity with." Kakashi raised an eyebrow at this unsure what this will do.I activate my eyes while he performs multiple hand signs before yelling.

"Doton: Doryūheki(Earth Style: Earth-Style Wall)!"

I watch as a massive wall forms in front of us.

'COOL!' I thought, seeing the wall forming in front of us.

"Well, What now Naruto?" Kakashi asked pulling me out of my thoughts

"Huh?... OHH! You now need to test my affinities again."

'What is he getting at this paper ain't cheap.'

"Fine one more time." Kakashi says. He is a tad upset cause he wont have enough for the rest of the team to test their chakra natures, meaning he would have to buy more.

I take the paper in my hands staring at it for a bit wondering if it will change at all. After what seems like five minutes I am hit upside the head.

"Oww, what'd you do that for!" I say looking at my sensei.

"Are you just gonna stare at it or are you gonna use it?" He asked with very little patience left.

"Use it. Sorry sensei." I proceed to channel my chakra through the paper to find it split down the middle again however both sides soaked like last time then crumbled to dust. Both Kakashi and I stared at the ground where the now crumpled up paper landed.

"THAT'S AMAZING!" Kakashi-sensei yelled startling me in the process.

"Here, try again." Kakashi says, barely giving me time to activate my eyes. Performing more hand signs, Kakashi sensei uses his signature jutsu.

"Chidori!" Kakashi yells. As a ball of lightning discharges out of his hand. He dispels the jutsu and looks at me.

"Naruto go over to that lake over there and tell me if you notice a difference with your eyes."

I was confused at first, but I just nodded and walked over to the lake looking at my own reflection. I notice that I no longer just have green orbs in my eyes I now have two green orbs, one yellow, one brown, and one blue.

"Don't channel your chakra through the paper yet." Kakashi-sensei says while walking up to me. Once again he starts flashing through hand signs.

"Katon: Gōkakyū no Jutsu(Fire Style: Great Fireball Technique)!" A large fireball spews from Kakashi-sensei's mouth.

I look back down at the lake and watch as the second to last green orb changes to red.

"Now, channel your chakra through the paper." I look up seeing him giving an eye smile.

For the last time I channel chakra through the paper only for it to split in half twice, once vertically, and once horizontally. The first piece soaks, the second crinkles up like Kakashi-sensei's, the third crumbles to dust, and the last burns up.

"Well it seems we have figured out one ability of your eyes. You are able to gain an affinity for any element just by seeing it in use once." He gave me an eye smile while he seemed to be thinking of something.

In the distance we see two figures one being the man with a duck's ass for hair, and the other being the Hyuga Heir herself. Hinata is extremely happy for Naruto and his success with his dojutsu. While Sasuke is oozing out metric tons of hatred for the blonde, as he feels he's being left behind.

Word Count: 929

A/N - Sorry for the short chapter I just wanted to get this out of the way. We are gonna skip the tree climbing training, as well as the argument with Inari because we feel as though they are not as important to this story. Plus both sequences are done on almost every story and we kinda want to get this story moving a bit. We feel like we are dragging the story a bit too much.

Also I know the text is a lot of he said, she said stuff but we are still new to this and we really need to work more on our writing to make it more interesting.