A Totally Different Pregnancy

Chapter Eighteen... A Totally Different Pregnancy

The next three weeks passed by pretty quickly, and I was twelve weeks pregnant when I started to show. And it was totally obvious! I became increasingly self-conscious, worried what people would think of me. I wasn't this self-conscious when I was pregnant with Addy or Becca... With Becca I was a little bit, but that was purely because of my age.

When we told our family that we were expecting triplets, my sister tried to put dibs on one of them...

*Three Weeks Before...*

"Mom... dad... Cam and I are having triplets..."

We sat in our living room, opposite our curious parents. My parents knew that I was pregnant, but nobody else did yet. It took me two days to fully digest that I was carrying three babies, and not one like I was used to. Jenna's mouth fell open in shock, Sarah rolled her eyes, Nathan sighed, and Adam smiled in a child-like form.

My parents nearly fell off of the sofa they sat on, whilst Cameron's parents stood firm in their standing spot. They wanted lots of grandchildren, didn't they?!

"Triplets?" mom said weakly. "Jeez, Rose... you really are a fertile myrtle."

"It's okay, mom," I said slowly. "I feinted when the doctor told me. I wasn't expecting everyone to be totally okay with it. I've wrapped my head around it now, but it took two days."

"You knew two days ago?" mom frowned.

"Jeez, big picture," I groaned. "We're happy. And I was a sixteen year old  mom. I can do this, you know. It won't be easy,  but neither was that."

"Don't remind me," mom sighed.

"So there are three babies in there?" Adam asked, still smiling.

"Yeah," I answered.

"That's cool," he grinned.

"No, it's not," mom snapped. "She's still a kid!"

"I'm twenty years old, mom!" I groaned. "And I have two kids. I'm hardly a child!"

"Rose, you're so young," mom explained. "Why didn't you wait a few years, like ten, before you got pregnant again?"

"Because I don't wanna be popping another one out when I'm in my thirties!" I snapped. "I want to have kids young. And I started young. Yeah, we didn't plan it, but that's life! Besides, I fell pregnant whilst I was still on the pill, so that goes to show just how well they work!"

Everyone sat in a shocked silence. Why hadn't my mom carried on like this back when I was fifteen, and she found out that I was pregnant with Becca? I was confused, but apparently mom had been holding off, not wanting to offend me. The thought of having five grandchildren apparently didn't agree with her.

"I'll take one," Jenna said suddenly.

"What?" I frowned.

"I have dibs on one of the babies," she joked.

"Are you serious?!" I snapped. "Make your own kids, Jen!"

"It's a joke," Jenna frowned. "Ease up, moody!"

"Sorry," I muttered.

"You will be," Jenna scoffed, rolling her eyes