29. The New Additions

Chapter Twenty-Nine... The New Additions

Ever since Jenna had left Dane, they had been fighting constantly for custody of the children. I don't know why Dane would want to take them away from their mother, since he was foolishly filing for sole custody. For over a month they fought about it, went to court a couple of times...

But then, the fighting ceased.

Mom would ring me almost every day with a new detail, or one that had resurfaced. And you could hear Jenna cursing about him in the background.

So when they stopped fighting after seven weeks, I was incredibly curious. And we were heading out there for the weekend, anyway.

Christmas had passed, and the new year would bring the birth of my twins. At thirty-six weeks, I was ready for them to come out. So as we drove along to our old town, we found Jenna and Dane talking calmly on the front porch of my parents' house.

"They look... peaceful," Cameron frowned.

"Unusual..." I sighed.

We both stepped out of the car and let the kids out. I walked over to Jenna and Dane, wondering why they looked... happy.

"Hey, Jen," I smiled. "How's things?"

"Rosie," she breathed, walking up to hug me.

"You two were holding hands," I noted. "What? You finally stopped fighting?"

"Rose, turns out that the separation has done us the world of good!" she gushed. "We sold our house, and we're moving in here! Mom and dad bought a place in Miami, so when they move, this place is ours!"

"Do you think that a different house will solve your problems?" Cameron asked from behind me. "If Rose and I were like that, I'd walk away. Because it would hurt me to see her hurting."

"But that's what I did," Jenna began to explain. "I left because Dane thought I'd cheated on him. Turns out his boss was spreading rumours that I did. So anyway, Dane punched him in the face and quit his job! Now we're going to move to Europe!"

"Wait, what?" I frowned. "Europe? You've sorted out everything, and you don't have a job and neither does your husband anymore... and you're gonna move to Europe?"

"Rosie, it's my dream," Jenna sighed. "It's something we've always wanted to do, we just couldn't because the kids were too young, and Dane was working. Look, we have the money to move. We've pretty much been saving our whole lives! Well, since we've been together, anyway. We both think it's the best thing for us. A fresh start in a new country. A... a new light in our lives. And a new holiday destination for you all."

"But... where in Europe are you gonna live?" I asked softly.

"We're thinking England, or Ireland," she smiled. "Oh, I know it's not gonna be easy. But like I said, it's our dream. We're following our dream."

"I am happy for you," I admitted. "Just a little shocked."

"Well, sis, you're a good person who always follows her dreams," Jenna grinned. "And I'm taking inspiration from you."

"You are?"

"Yup. You're an inspiration to everyone. And your kids are lucky to have you."

"That's good to know," I smiled proudly.