11. Becca's New Friend

Chapter Eleven... Becca's New Friend

It was Addy's first day of kindergarten today, and she couldn't be more excited!

Me? I was extremely nervous. And sad. To think that next year the triplets would be at school too made me even more nervous! But I was seventeen weeks pregnant with baby number six, and the girls and the boys had been continuously arguing over whether it was a boy or a girl.

"It's a girl, Zane!" Lily shouted in the car on the way to school.

"No, it's a boy!" Zane retaliated. "Mommy already has enough girls! And they're annoying!"

"Boys are annoying!" Lily screamed.

"Lily!" I hissed. "No yelling."

"Is it a girl, mommy?" Lily asked a bit more quietly.

"I don't know!" I said for about the thousandth time in the last few weeks.

"It will be a girl," Becca smiled. "So that we're paired off two by two."

"Nah!" Ethan said, shoving Lily hard.

"OW!" she squealed. "Bugger off, Ethan!"

"Lil!" I snapped. "Ethan, don't shove your sister!"

"Mom, are we at school yet?" Addy asked quietly from the back seat. "Because I'm getting excited and I want to be there!"

"Soon, Addy," I smiled.

"We get to go to school first!" Ethan sneered.

"Kids, please," I sighed.

I dropped the triplets off at preschool before I took the older girls to school. I had to stay with Addy for a bit before I went home. Becca held my other hand before walking off to her own class. I led Addy, who was skipping, along the hall to a classroom right at the end.

There were about twenty kindergarten students in Addy's class. And there were two other kindergarten classes too. Big school...

Addy excitedly ran off to play with some of the other students, knowing a couple of them from her preschool.

I stood talking to one of the other mothers, who had a girl Addy's age.

"That's my little girl Alecia there," the woman smiled. "Playing with your daughter. What's her name?"

"Addison," I replied. "I'm Rose," I grinned, holding out my hand.

"Daina," the woman said as she took my hand. "How many kids do you have?"

"Five, another on the way," I smiled.

"Wow!" Daina gasped. "I have three, and they're a handful. Alecia's my middle child. I have a one year old, Nicholas. And my other son Noah is eight."

"My eldest daughter is eight years old as well," I smiled.

"What's her name?"

"Rebecca Baker."

"Oh, little Becca!" she grinned. "Noah's girlfriend."

Woah. Did she just say 'girlfriend'?

"Uh... Becca hasn't said anything to me," I said slowly. "Are you sure you're talking about my Becca?"