3. Stranger Things Have Happened...

Chapter Three... Stranger Things Have Happened...

"You're married? Why did we never know this, Sarah? And how the hell do you expect me to keep it from Cameron?!"

Sarah had dropped her bombshell on me, and I wasn't quite sure how to react. Sure, Sarah was known for stupidity. But this definitely topped the list.

"You sound like mom would if she knew about it," Sarah sighed. "Look, Rose. It was stupid. And... well, I regret it. But it's in the past now."

"No, it's not in the past!" I shouted at her. "You're still married to the guy!"

"Look, I can't divorce him!" she hissed.

"Why not?" I questioned.

"Because I love him!" she blurted out.

"What?" I said, shocked. "You hardly know him..."

"No, I hardly knew him when I married him," she confessed. "But we've been hanging out every time he's in town. And now he's moving to Australia, and if I move there with him I can tell my parents that I'm dating a guy, and we'll invite everyone to Brisbane and get married. Again."

I frowned.

"That is the stupidest idea I've ever heard!" I snorted. "What is wrong with you? You have to tell them. Especially if you're in love with him. And you're dating someone else... oh, God!"

"Not everybody can have a perfect relationship like you and Cam, Rose," Sarah groaned, rolling her eyes. "I love Derek, yes. But I'm still moving to Brisbane. I'm gonna become one of them Australian girls who live on the beach rather than be stuck in this dead town!"

Sarah stormed off towards the house, and I stood, watching. After a minute, I walked inside, too. Cameron was sitting in the living room with the two boys and his dad. I walked past them, quickly saying hello. Becca was in the kitchen with Cameron's mom.

"Hey, mom!" Becca grinned. "Nan and I are making cookies!"

"Ooh!" I gasped, smiling. "What sort of cookies?"

"Chocolate chip cookies," Becca smiled.

"Oh, yummy!" I said as Becca took a spoonful of cookie dough.

"Where are your sisters?" I asked.

"I don't know," Becca replied, uninterested. "They were with dad and pop, but I don't think they are anymore."

"Okay," I smiled weakly.

"They're playing upstairs, Rose," Cameron's mom sighed.

"Thanks," I muttered, walking off.

Cameron's mom was great for the most part, but ever since we moved away she'd been acting strangely towards me. Like as if I'd taken her son away from her or something stupid. I didn't get it.

I wandered upstairs looking for my other two daughters. They could almost be as mischievious as their brothers when they wanted to be, espeically in other peoples' houses. I walked up into the bathroom...

And Addy had taken a pair of scissors to her beautiful blonde hair.

"What are you doing?" I shrieked. "Addison!"

"Mommy, my hair was too long," Addy said ever so innocently. "So I decided to cut it off. No worries..."