Living In A Nice Suburbian House

Chapter Six... Living In A Nice Suburbian House

Moving day had arrived! Just as week twenty did. The nausea and morning sickness had all but gone, and Becca had been extremely well-behaved in the last two weeks, which was a relief with all the packing and that. She had given up on unpacking her toys the minute I turned my back, which was even better.

She could be a handful at times, but I loved her to death and I wouldn't ever trade her.

She also started calling her unborn brother "Brett". No idea where she got the name, but we just went along with it because when we first heard it, we considered the name. We were still unsure, though. I liked the name Thomas, or Bailey... or Noah...

So many names to choose from.

The first time Becca called the baby Brett, Cameron and I didn't quite know how to respond. Actually, we couldn't figure out what or who she was calling Brett...

*Two Weeks Before...*

It was the day after we had learnt that our newest little baby was a boy. I couldn't honestly be more excited, but I'd be the same either way. It was really exciting to feel that little baby kick... worm... twist... move in any possible way. The feeling was beautiful, and truly indescribable. Amazing...

I sat at the dining table with Becca and Cameron. Cameron was downing a cup of coffee really fast, because I'd kept him up all night again with talk of baby names. This time, we'd only discussed boy names.

Becca just swallowed a mouthful of pancakes, when she asked us a random question...

"Mommy, how's Brett?" she said suddenly.

Cameron and I both looked at each other, then at her.

"Who's Brett, Bec?" Cameron asked.

"The baby," Becca smiled.

"I thought her name was Anna, honey," I said, thinking she was talking about her doll that sat on the floor next to her.

"No, mommy, your baby," Becca said innocently. "My baby brother."

Cameron frowned.

"Where did you get the name Brett from, Becca?" he asked her.

"That's his name," she said, playing with her pancakes.

"We haven't named him anything yet," I said, slightly confused.

"But I like the name," Becca smiled.

"It's not a bad name," Cameron whispered in my ear. "We could always think about it."

"Becca, why Brett?" I asked, curious.

"Because," she said in her sweet little voice. "It's like my name."

We were both as confused as each other. We tried to avoid the conversation after that, but all day, every day, Becca would become curious about the baby.

"Mommy, how's Brett tonight?" Becca asked that night as I put her to bed.

"The baby's good," I said, smiling.