27. Mom's Visit

Chapter Twenty-Seven... Mom's Visit

Ever since we'd moved away, I hardly ever saw my mom.

It sucked a lot of the time, knowing how much I missed her. But she was coming here to stay for a couple of weeks, because my dad and Adam were going on a fishing trip. Nathan was supposed to go with them, but Rachel went into labour early, so he didn't get to go.

I hadn't finished the kids' rooms yet, given that I was now twenty-seven weeks into my pregnancy. The boys were in their old room still, because I had been sick and didn't have the energy to do so. But my mom had said she would help, if I wanted her help of course. And I did.

Oh, and Rachel and Nathan have a daughter, Serena Quinn Fisher. And she looks just like Nathan, believe it or not. She's gorgeous.

After dropping the kids off at school on the Monday morning, Emily and I returned home to find that my mom was already here.

"Mommy!" I squealed, running over to her as fast as my legs would carry me. "Oh, I've missed you so so much!"

"Rose," mom grinned. "I've missed you too, baby."

"Emmy's in the car, I'll get her out," I said quickly.

"No, let me get her," mom offered, walking over to the car and getting Emily out. She was blabbering on about something, but I wasn't sure what.

"Say hi to nana, Emily," I smiled.

"Hi," Emily said simply. Her vocabulary wasn't that big at the moment. She couldn't say nana yet... it was mom, dad, Em, hi, no, bub, baby, hot, and uh-huh.

"Hello, precious," mom kissed her cheek.

"Eww," Emily giggled. Okay, she could say that, too.

"Let's go inside," I suggested, heading for the door.

Mom put Emily down as soon as we were inside. She ran along into the living room, laughing as she went. I never knew what that girl was laughing at, but it brought a smile to my face that she was so happy. God love her.

I sat down in the living room and mom followed. Emily found some toys to play with, and kept herself entertained as we talked.

"So... Can't quite believe that I'm going to be a grandmother to twelve kids soon!" mom gushed. "And probably more to come, at the rate you're going."

"Oh, Adam still has to have kids too, you know," I chuckled.

"Yes, but you're carrying your seventh and eighth children," mom smiled. "But honey, I am honestly so proud of you. I know that in the past I've been a bit edgy with you having so many kids, and getting pregnant so young, but you're just meant to be a mom. You're a natural, and it makes me proud to see your kids so beautiful and well-behaved, and they're always happy."

"Aww, thanks mom," I smiled, feeling tears of joy welling in my eyes.

"It's the truth," mom grinned. "These kids are always happy and healthy. Look at little Emily over there, playing by herself but having a blast doing it. You see kids back home that sit outside their houses looking like they're sad and miserable."

"Becca went through a whole sad and miserable stage," I frowned at the memory. "But she's better now. She's happy again, she's finally made friends. And a little boyfriend, Noah."