Preparing To Be No Longer Nineteen...

Chapter Sixteen... Preparing To Be No Longer Nineteen...

After an eventful New Year's Eve, we didn't have any more dramas with Becca wandering off into... God knows where. She was getting more confident in everything though, and I couldn't help but sadly think that she was growing up way too fast. In just four months, she would be four! Addy had only five months until she was one!

And worse? I had one day until I was twenty years old!

My life had passed by so quickly, I wasn't sure what to make of me no longer being a teenager. It was hard to comprehend. My little girls were not so little anymore. Soon I'd be starting college, making a new life for myself. I'd had almost a year off of studying, and now I was setting my heart on becoming a doctor like my big brother Nathan.

As I grew up and changed, so did my whole extended family.

Jenna, of course, was engaged, and I finally got to meet her fiancé. She reckoned she was ready for kids, but I doubt she'd jump right into it even though she claimed she would. Nathan had finally met a girlfriend, who was a nurse he worked with. My parents were getting ready to travel Australia, and I was excited because I'd get to visit them in the land down under, somewhere I'd always wanted to go. My little brother Adam would be moving in with us, for a while anyway. Cameron was more thrilled to have him than I was, but we had an in-house babsitter if we needed him.

As for Cameron's family? Well his sister Sarah was still a child in her mind, but she was beginning to grow up... finally! His parents were travelling with my parents to Australia, so that would be interesting...

Our families were taking on their own forms as well.

After my birthday, my parents and Cameron's parents would be setting off to Australia. Adam's things were already in the fourth bedroom of our house, and if we had another baby during his time here, Becca and Addy would have to share a room. Addy had become oddly territorial, for a seven month old. Becca actually found herself being the friendlier one, and I think that was partly to do with her adventure on New Year's Eve.

I sat in bed that night, thinking something was oddly different about me. I couldn't pinpoint it, I just didn't feel like myself. Cameron seemed to notice my vagueness.

"Rose?" he questioned after putting a stubborn Addy to sleep finally. "Are you okay, honey?"

"Huh?" I said, snapping out of my thoughts and back to reality.

"Are you alright?" he chuckled lightly at my surprise.

"Um... I think so?" I questioned my own answer.

"You were off with the fairies," Cameron giggled. "I thought maybe Becca might have taught you how to join them."

"No, I was just thinking," I sighed.

"About?" he asked.

"Umm, I'm not actually sure," I frowned. "Something seems totally off about me, and I don't know what it is."

"Maybe the fact that you're twenty tomorrow is playing with your head," he suggested, taking in my expression of confusion.

"Maybe," I smiled weakly.