People Judge Us, But We're Happy Anyway

Chapter Thirty-Nine... People Judge Us, But We're Happy Anyway

It had been three weeks since the accident, and I was getting better at getting around, much to the dismay of my brother Nathan. He came to visit us after our little trip to our new house, and he'd gotten a bit angry at me when he noticed me hopping around, using the furniture where needed.

"What part of take it easy don't you understand?!" Nathan had said bitterly.

"You try being a parent to five kids and taking it easy," I retaliated. "It just doesn't happen!"

"Well, you might cause the bone in your leg to heal crooked, and then they will re-break it!" Nathan growled.

"You aren't my father!" I yelled. "Why are you being like that, Nath?"

"I don't wanna see you get any more hurt, sis," he sighed. "Please. Be good and just... rest."

"I wouldn't be hopping around or walking on my foot if I couldn't do it," I told him. "I need to be able to tend to my kids and fend for myself. Cam's at work this week, and it's hard! I'm glad that I've only got Bec and Addy home once a week by myself, but then it's still me... and five kids!"

"I think you're a wonderful mom, and Rach loves you," Nathan smiled. "She hopes that we can have kive kids, too. Or more."

He laughed, but I don't think he was serious about the five kids thing...

"I love Rach, too," I smiled. "Even though I hardly know her."

"Hey, I never thought I'd meet a girl I loved so much," he confessed. "And it was like some old fairytale where it's love at first sight. Of course, in the fairytales, the prince didn't get the princess pregnant."

"You're using fairytales to describe your relationship?" I asked skeptically.

"Well... yeah," he grinned. "How would you describe you and Cam?"

"I would say... that we're meant for each other," I answered thoughtfully. "I'd say that we've been through a lot, and there are no cracks in our relationship. Of course, I'm keen to see how it goes when our three daughters are all teenagers!"

"Poor Cam!" Nathan giggled.

"Poor Cam?" I questioned. "Poor Rose!"

"Yes, wait til Bec hits puberty..." Nathan smiled. "Oh... she's gonna be a heartbreaker, I know it. And she'll be insanely beautiful. Cam's gonna have to keep her away from all the boys."

"I'm sure that Cam will have some huge stick to keep the boys away from all three of the girls," I laughed. "And any more we may possibly have in the very distant future."

"Lil will be right," he said, sitting down finally. "Zane and Eth will look after her."

"I reckon they're gonna be protective over Addy, too," I grinned. "She's only eighteen months older than them."

"Becca's gonna protect the whole lot of them..." Nathan chuckled. "I can picture her now... some boy hits on Lily, and she slaps him across the face."

"Oh, I wouldn't put it past miss Becca..." I agreed.

"My fiesty nieces," he grinned. "Ah, it won't be long and Becca will be getting ready to start high school."

"Ah... I'm more afraid of her starting Kindergarten at the moment," I said uneasily. "That's only about eight months away!"