Accidents Happen

Chapter Eight... Accidents Happen

I had a dream...

In my dream I was running through the house as I could hear Becca screaming... screaming for me. I ran and ran but I couldn't find her. My body gave way and I tumbled down the stairs. I ached all over, and I realised that my baby was gone... Vanished from my fall...

I awoke with a terrifying scream.

"Rose!" Cameron shouted, coming to sit in front of me. "Rose? Rose, are you alright?"

"Nightmare," I managed to gasp.

"A bad one, I'm guessing?" he questioned stupidly.

"Yeah," I breathed.

"Are you okay, honey?" he asked again. "You're all sweaty..."

"Yep," I gasped.

"You sure?"

"The baby's kicking like crazy, so I know I'm fine."

"Alright."

Cameron got up to leave the room, but I took a hold of his arm.

"Where's Becca?" I asked.

"Asleep still," he assured me. "You know, you haven't had nightmares like this since you were in your third trimester with Becca."

"Yeah, and thy left me breathless then, too," I sighed. "Looks like nothing's changed."

"They were always the same..." he continued. "You always feared you were going to lose her."

"I still fear that," I frowned. "She walks and she's likely to wander off with anyone. Who wouldn't be terrified?"

Week thirty had hit with one hell of a bang, and we were entering an annoying heatwave. Damn summer. Why did I always have to be pregnant during Summer?

"You should take a shower, Rose," Cameron told me. "You look hot and bothered."

"It's freaking Summer again!" I groaned.

"Yes, it sure is," he sighed. "But yeah... take a shower. I'll go wake up Bec."

"Okay," I whispered.

I climbed out of bed, almost stumbling. My baby bump had swollen to a massive size in the last week. I had only ten weeks left of being pregnant, and only two days until Becca's third birthday. Woah, that was scary!

For Becca's birthday we were inviting over some close friends, my parents, Cameron's parents, my siblings, and Cameron's sister. And our grandparents, if they could make it. Retirement seemed more important to them lately than the life of their great-granddaughter.

That was a disappointment!

I tried not to let it get to me as I'd planned my little princess' third birthday. She'd grown up so much, and was learning really quickly. Now that I didn't go to school, I had a lot of free time. I still sent Becca to daycare, but that was because she needed her friends. It felt wrong to keep her at home all the time, and once I'd had my baby boy I'd be spending a lot of time on him.