Life Can Only Get More Interesting

Chapter Two... Life Can Only Get More Interesting

Morning Routine:

* Get Cameron up and ready for work.

* Make lunch for Cameron, Becca and I.

* Get Becca up and ready.

* Send Cameron off to work.

* Get ready for school.

* Have breakfast with Becca.

* Take Becca to daycare.

* Go to school.

It was something we'd been doing pretty much since the day Becca was born. Today, though, I wasn't going to school. I had a doctor's appointment, and my mom was coming over to babysit Becca whilst I went to the doctors. See, I would have every Monday off of school, because I couldn't get Becca into daycare that day. I managed to juggle school and home life pretty well.

Even though Cameron had offered to come to the doctor's with me, I encouraged him to go to work. We needed the money, that was for sure. It was expensive having one child, and we were about to have another!

Mom arrived just as I served up breakfast.

"Morning, Rose," mom smiled, kissing my cheek. "Why, you're glowing sweetheart!'

"Morning, mom," I replied brightly. "Umm... thanks, you look nice, too."

Mom chuckled.

"Where is my little granddaughter?" mom asked, looking around inside. Becca seemed to be incredibly quiet...

"She's eating breakfast," I told mom, and we both headed into the kitchen. Becca sat in her high chair, squishing her pancakes into her plate.

"Oh, Bec," I sighed. "You know you have to still eat them, honey."

"Come to nanny, Rebecca," mom smiled, picking her up. I hated it when people did that and I was trying to get her to eat her food. I rolled my eyes.

"Mom, she's gotta eat them pancakes," I groaned.

"Oh, she will," mom frowned.

"Nanny!" Becca wailed, slapping mom on the side of the face.

"Becca, no!" I snapped, taking her off of mom. "You don't hit people!"

"Don't smack her, Rose," mom said sternly.

"Mom, she's my daughter," I sighed. "If she does something wrong, I'm gonna punish her, okay? I don't want her to grow up being one of those kids that seems to get away with everything and thinks they can do what they want. Not my daughter!"

"Okay, okay," mom scoffed, taking a plate and getting some pancakes.

"Mommy, nanny's gonna take me shopping," Becca said in her cute little voice.

"Oh, wow!" I gasped, feining enthusiasm.

"Just wait until you have two," mom said between mouthfulls. "You find it hard to punish them and praise them when they're both acting out, or they're both being the perfect little angels."

"Umm, yeah, about that," I began, looking at mom.

"What? Please tell me you're gonna have more!" mom complained.