34. It's A Bit Of A Baker-Fisher Family Reunion

Chapter Thirty-Four... It's A Bit Of A Baker-Fisher Family Reunion

After Lance died, Cassie made a snap decision to move back to Silverwater Hills, the town that Lance, Cameron and I all grew up in. She wanted her husband to be buried there, and she wanted to be close to her family, too.

So when it was time to go back home, and farewell Lance officially, we found ourselves packing all of the things from Cassie's house and putting it into the back of a removal truck. Cassie had her three kids there, helping (well, trying to), and my eight were scattered.

Becca and Addy helped Natalie pack up her room. The triplets helped Natalie run around the house, as usual. Emily sat at my feet as I packed up the kitchen, occasionally putting things into the boxes. Elena had Olivia, and Sarah was looking after Isabella because her little boy Bradley was sleeping soundly. If only my girls were sleeping...

"The twins are beautiful, Rosie," Sarah smiled. "Uncle Lance would have loved to have met them."

"I'll always feel guilty that he didn't," I admitted. "I mean, I wanted to call him and ask him to come and meet them, but I hate inconveniencing people like that."

"I know what you mean," Sarah smiled weakly. "I didn't wanna come back over here, because I didn't wanna leave my little man behind. But then Derek came, and brought Bradley over, so now I can spend time with my family... and my parents can actually meet their new grandson."

"Oh, they haven't met Bradley yet?" I frowned.

"No, and I feel guilty for that!" she put Isabella into her pram, then walked over to me. "I should have moved back here when I found out I was pregnant. But I didn't. No. I could have spent more time with my big brother, but instead I was selfish, stubborn. And I never got to have another conversation with Lance."

Sarah sank to the floor in tears. I sat down next to her, comforting her. She was as much an emotional wreck over losing Lance as we all were. And I felt sorry for the fact that she never got to actually talk to Lance again. If I knew either of my brothers were dying, I would be an emotional wreck over that. We'd always been close.

"Life is unpredictable, Sar," I whispered. "You will always regret that you never got to talk to him again, but that's just life isn't it? It sucks. It's a bitch. We just have to accept our errors and regrets, instead of thinking of what might have been."

"If only I was as strong as you," she cried.

"Oh, but you are," I smiled. "You are one of the most amazing people I have ever met, and I am glad to have you as a sister in-law. Because we may have had our differences in the past, but we've both matured from that. And Lance would be so proud of his baby sister. And Cameron is proud of you. You've come a long way from the immature girl who used to argue with Jenna over who would babysit Becca, who got to bathe and feed Addy, and who was the best Aunty."

"I remember that," she chuckled through her tears.

"Well, my kids are lucky to have an Aunt who lives in Australia and loves them no matter what," I grinned, hugging her with one arm.

"One day your kids will have secrets they don't want you to know," Sarah sniffled. "And I wanna be close if they want to talk to me about it over their Aunt Jen, or Aunt Rach. Or if Adam and Camille get married..."