4. I Quit!

Chapter Four... I Quit!

Monday... Bloody Monday...

Quite possibly the worst day of the week.

Today I had to travel to Seattle for college, and I was already in a foul mood. Then, to top it off, I had to start work as soon as I arrived back into town. Which meant that I wouldn't see my kids at all! I hated working behind a bar...

So my morning had started off bad.

I got the kids all up at seven in the morning as usual. Well, most of the kids. Little miss Becca was very reluctant to get out of bed, and I was getting frustrated with her. On the entire drive back from our visit to our family, she'd thrown tantrums, bullied her brothers, argued with her sisters, spat on the window, thrown Lily's teddy out the window... and then when we stopped for a late lunch on the way home, she made an attempt to run away!

Then we arrived home, and the tantrums continued. I had no idea what was making her so moody! I had gone to bed that night after we'd finally gotten her to go to bed, totally confused.

"If she was a couple of years older, I'd think she was going through puberty," I'd said with a heavy sigh as I laid down in bed with Cameron.

"Maybe she is," Cameron stated.

"Cam, she's seven and a half," I frowned. "She's not going through puberty yet!"

"Why wouldn't she be?" he asked. "I thought you said you got your period when you were nine..."

"I did," I replied. "I suppose... No. I don't wanna think about her starting puberty yet. She's too young! And if I think about that, it means she's growing up even faster!"

"She is growing up," he chuckled.

"You realise that the three girls are all gonna be hormonal teenagers at the same time, don't you?" I sighed. "Boy, I hope they have tampons in massive buckets by then... and PMS pills!"

"Your mom would have had you and Jen at the same time," he snickered.

"Oh, just you wait!" I scoffed. "If Becca's this moody now, God help us all when she's a teenager..."

"I reckon Lil's gonna be worse," he pointed out. "She's very timid now... but not forever, she won't be. I think her sisters are also gonna cop her bad moods."

"Why are we talking about this?" I snapped.

"Okay, Rose," Cameron frowned. "Honey, you need to calm down. Let me tell you something... Bec's not the only one who's been in a bad mood lately. You're not so innocent yourself."

"What?"

"You've had the colourful chart of your moods on show this week, you know. And I've copped it... the kids have copped it... you seriously need to relax."

"Do not tell me to relax!"

"Rose! Chill..."

"My daughter's growing up so much. And if she's starting puberty, then yeah she's taking after me. Mom said I started it young, too. And so did she... it's just something in our family. But I don't wanna think about my little girl being... well, anything but a little girl."

"Well, you can't keep her a little girl forever," Cameron sighed. "What is all this worry, Rose? I always thought I'd be the one not wanting Becca to grow up, and in turn our other daughters."