Something New?

Chapter Thirty-Two... Something New?

Day eight of being a mother of five started off with getting ready for my friend Leah's funeral.

I got the older girls ready first, with Addy much more lively today, and Becca struggling to be careful with her little sister. I had to keep reminding Becca that Addy's arm was still in a cast, and would be for a couple of weeks. But hopefully, it would heal quickly...

Becca sat silently in the boys' room whilst I got the two boys ready. Ethan fell asleep whilst I dressed Zane, and Becca went and gave him a little kiss and he didn't wake. She seemed pleased, but when she decided to give him another kiss, he awoke and started crying.

I finally got the boys dressed and ready, and both of them were downstairs with Cameron, who was getting breakfast ready for everyone. I grabbed Lily and Becca followed me in there, still silent. Lily had her own room, the small room next to ours that used to be Addy's. She laid there, staring at the ceiling whilst I dressed her.

"Mommy?" Becca asked me. "Did you name her too?"

Becca had asked me every morning since the triplets were born if they had names yet. And I'd told her the boys' names, and she had started calling them by that in the last half an hour.

"Yes, baby," I smiled, picking Lily up. "Her name is Lily."

"Ooh, that's pretty," Becca said, amazed. "When's she gonna come to school with me?"

"Uh... not for a while," I answered.

"Oh, is she too little?" Becca asked.

"Yes, Bec, she's too little," I replied, smiling.

Becca sat down on the rocking chair, and held her hands out. She liked her baby sister, and I handed Lily straight to her. She sat there, admiring Lily.

"She's pretty," Becca smiled.

"She looks just like you, bub," I grinned.

"Do the boys look like me?" Becca asked, excited.

"No, they look like daddy," I replied.

"Okay," was all Becca said after that, watching Lily yawn.

I took Lily back and Becca followed me downstairs. Becca took her seat at the table, and I grabbed a bottle from Cameron and started feeding Lily.

"Are the boys fed?" I asked Cameron.

"Ethan's been asleep," he replied. "But Zane's fed."

"And Addy?" I questioned.

"Yeah, she's fed, too," Cameron answered.

"Okay, Becca, have some cereal, honey," I smiled at her as Lily greedily sucked down her bottle.

"Mom, can I have coco pops?" Becca asked.

"I don't think we have any, honey," I replied. "Dad's got some corn flakes for you instead, okay."

"Okay," she sighed.

"I'm gonna go take a shower, Rose," Cameron said with a sigh. "Are you gonna be right with the five of them?"