Week 24 Has Arrived!

Chapter Twenty-Three... Week 24 Has Arrived!

Blue Paint....

New Carpet...

Three Bassinets... Three Cots... One Dresser...

And Pink Paint?

Okay, the pink paint had nothing to do with the triplets. But for the meantime, we had moved Addy into our room, Becca into Addy's room, and all of their furniture was scattered around in our loungeroom. Their toys were in the second loungeroom, which we were turning into a playroom once we'd gotten rid of the pool table.

Cameron and I had made the agreed decision to buy our house when the owners chose to sell it. So we were in the process of a renovation, which included building a large new part to the bottom floor of our house that would be our gaming room and den. The upstairs den, which was too small and cluttered for its purpose, was set to become Becca's room. Addy would be moving into the spare bedroom, whilst Becca's old room would be the triplets' room, BUT Addy's old room was to be set up for if our mystery triplet happened to be a girl.

Whilst we were probably spending ridiculously a lot more money than we actually had, we had taken out a large loan that covered the house and everything we were planning to do with it. If we ever decided to move, we could sell the house for much more than we paid for it.

We wanted a pool, but figured with five small children, it was not the best idea. Becca could swim, and Addy had started lessons, but we still weren't sure.

We had planned to have all of this done by Becca's fourth birthday, but since Becca turned four a week ago, we were now focused on having everything done by Addy's first birthday. Becca hated Addy's small room, and the fact that our house was cramped with scattered furniture, we figured it wasn't ideal. So we sent Addy off with my parents, and Becca went to stay with Cameron's parents, just for a few days. It gave us time to catch up a bit.

Cameron was at work, and I had taken to Becca's old room with the blue paint.

The new carpet would be laid once all the rooms were painted. It was a beige colour, and it fitted perfectly with the pastel walls and the glowingly white skirting boards and roof, which were all freshly painted. The den had been emptied, with all of that stuff packed tightly into our car shed, leaving room for Cameron's car to park. Mine was outside, which didn't worry me too much.

I realised whilst I painted the triplets' bedroom that it probably wasn't the smartest idea to begin a massive renovation whilst I was pregnant. But I wanted it done, and being twenty-four weeks along now, I had probably only three months until the triplets were here, and with that, I needed to have it all done.

It took a couple of hours to paint the room, and I had to keep stopping. The babies kicked crazily, and the one that I had now identified as the mystery baby, liked to stick its legs out, but didn't kick very hard. The two boys had pretty fierce kicks, and I was certain they were boys this time. Baby C was very mellow, though...

I went downstairs for lunch, and realised that it was after three!