040

(Y/n) answered the phone, unaware who was calling her and slurred out the words. "Yellow." She yawned loudly until she choked once she heard Corpse's voice.

"So are we a thing but a private relationship because I barely checked my phone and I was out. I'm sorry for not responding." He quickly apologized. "No it's okay. I was out too." She replied, laying on her back as they continued with the call.

"We never met before but I think we can make this work if we genuine feel ready for a relationship." As soon as those words slipped out her mouth, the girl frowned, recalling her messy breakup.

Corpse wanted to respond with an immediate yes but the recall of the break up and the fight and her moving out the apartment struck him.

She sighed, slowly moving on but the nostalgia was returning. 'Nostalgia is just a liar saying the days were good when everything was hell.'

"I think I need more time." Corpse frowned, regretting even mentioning the relationship as they were getting no where in the half month span of mutually getting to know each other.

"And I perfectly understand." She grinned.

(Y/n) groaned, half the day has gone by doing the last bit of her missing assignments before thanksgiving break began Friday. Her phone buzzed and it was a text.

Due to the classes being cancelled by heavy rain, we will release students to head back home for the Thanksgiving break. Stay safe, remember to social distance,  wash your hands and wear a mask. Have an amazing thanksgiving break everyone.

(Y/n) frowned and stared at the text before she got a call from her older sister immediately.

She answered with a frown on her face, checking the emails on her computer saying the exact same thing.

"Okay I got the text that my school would end early and I thought we could go Christmas shopping with mom some time later. You've been gone for what, 4 months? She needs to see you again." Her older sister who was a senior in college said in the other side of the phone, grinning.

She sighed. "Sure." She got up from her bed and began to pack a few bags to head back home.

(Y/n) stared at the seemingly deserted dorm she had all to herself from the pandemic, the station of heartbreak and gaining fame at. 'How am I going to call Corpse from my nosey sister?' She grabbed her backpack that was stuffed with her items and a suitcase at hand. The girl locked the door behind before she noticed the other students leaving their dorms, heading to their cars or the bus.

'So this is it. No friends. Heading home. Broke for the holidays. I'm probably going to lose friends for not socializing again. I mean I know I shouldn't but how am I going to call Corpse if my sister is going to wanna tag in. She's probably going to judge me. And then after the pandemic I'll have to dorm again with someone else.'
The bus arrived right in front of her and the several students waiting for it.

"I'm gonna have to move." She whispered.

Her sister squealed and hugged her and so did her mother. "Hello." She muttered softly, not one to even bond close to her siblings since they often fought. "We missed you." Her mother said.

Her sister lived with their mother since she was getting old and she was the only one with a car in the family while (y/n) only felt like a bother to be with them. No car, low grades, her self esteem with them dropped significantly and having a strict mother was no fun which meant not leaving the house even if she was a female.

This gave more of a reason to move away. This is why she dormed. "I'm gonna go with (y/n) Christmas shopping since we already went." Her sister said, taking her by the hand back outside to the car. "But I barely got here." She muttered as she was rushed outside. She frowned with the realization of where would she sleep.

Once she reached the car she began to text her friends and posted on all her social media platform that she had to be gone due to moving back with family and probably having zero communication.

"So what are you going to get your boy-" "We broke up." (Y/n) said deadpan and cold, eyes glued on her phone. "Oh." Her sister whispered before driving with her sister in silence.

"Are you passing your classes?"
"More or less."
"Are you failing any?"
"Just a few."
Their conversations ended with dry responses, since the two girls weren't necessarily close together. Even when she formed away. Neither admitted their best time was when the two were away from each other. To be more specific, (y/n) was happier away from her family. As selfish as it may seem, they corrupted her brain with a flawed mindset and drove her self esteem to plummet down.

She was scolded for letting their own words to affect her. (Y/n) made her choice to dork away from her daily, even if it was costly.

"Do you have any friends?" Her sister asked which snapped (y/n) out her hateful bubble.

She didn't necessarily have friends she could hang it with but had Rae, Toast, Corpse, Lily, Sykkuno, 5up, Seán, Dream, Pewds and that's pretty much. "I have a handful." (Y/n) mumbled, ashamed she felt as if she had lied to herself and her sister.

"Okay send them the address to go shop with you because I am meeting up with my friends there and we're all going shop and I thought now is the time for you to go out." Her sister blankly said without warning.

(Y/n) nodded softly, frowning ever since she stepped foot out of her dorm.

Corpse was glancing through his social media when he noticed (y/n)'s story of being gone with probably zero communication for Thanksgiving break. He understood it as she had family but the call reminded him of their sudden relationship and now being notified she'd be gone for who knows how many weeks off frightened him.

'Are we actually going to make it through this?' Corpse thought and began to text the girl.

'What if I rushed it too fast?'

"Take care!" Her sister waved off to (y/n) as she walked away.

(Y/n) frowned, looking at the $20 her sister gave her out of pity, as if to spite her.

Thankfully through her month on YouTube and Twitch, the girl had money to spend but wanted to rent an apartment to live away from her family.

(Y/n) sighed and walked down the crowded mall walkways that were decorated so soon for the end of the year.

The girl wore a grey sweater as she was hoping in moving in for a while or even in the living room as they probably occupied her room for something. He hair was tried back as she wore her worn out jeans that her mother hated seeing her wearing but she did anyways just to spite her as she was tired of being under thumb.

The girl stuck close to the walls of the mall as people passed by.

All these people and (y/n) knew no one to talk to as she was isolated and rejected.

'I want to go back home.'  She pulled out her phone and walked with the crowd, losing herself further in the bright Christmas lights at every store entrance.