09

"Corpse it's just a card. It's not that difficult." (Y/n) began to wheeze as they all watched him swipe the card several times. "I'm trying! I really am but it-it just..." A small beep could be heard from his mic. "It's not working very well." He wheezed out as he attempted again. "Someone please the card swipe for me." Corpse tried hiding his laugh, probably behind his hand.

"Wish we could." Seán said.
"I- just- Corpse, swipe slowly." (Y/n) instructed him. "I did and it wasn't working." Corpse frowned.

"This is painful to watch. (Y/n), just wait for him since you're done with tasks." Rae said, walking away. "Will do." She said as she waited by Corpse. "Any luck?" She asked. "I swear, this has to be a glitch." He groaned, trying again. "Oh boy." She chuckled.

Then a body was reported and they were all in the discuss screen. "Where was-" "Corpse was still in admin." (Y/n) attempted to speak calmly through her chuckle. Corpse sighed in defeat. "I hate this card. Something's wrong with it." He frowned. "It's a card!" Poki yelled. "I know that but maybe it's a glitch." He frowned. "Well, where was the body?" (Y/n) asked. "Shields." Sykkuno said. "I have a feeling it's Rae because she left the room first." Felix said.

There was silence. "Poki. Rae is dead." Charlie said
They couldn't handle it as Poki practically revealed herself. "Wait what?! No I'm sorry. I meant-" "We found an imposter!"  Toast votes as did Charlie and Sykkuno. "I don't believe this." Poki sighed. "Does that mean I'll have more time in admin again?" Corpse asked. "Is that your last task?" Shawn asked. "Yes and I've been avoiding it." He admitted. "Don't worry. I'll be by you." (Y/n) said as Poki was ejected.

They both went to Admin where Corpse was once again swiping his card. "Why couldn't I be shooting astronauts?" He sighed.

(Y/n) noticed the lights going down but refused to leave Corpse and instead went closer to him so he would be in her like of vision. "He's okay, I'm okay. If he dies, I'll report. But if I die, he'll be stuck doing his card and he'll be framed for it." She muttered as she was hoping the latter wouldn't happen.

She could hear a faint creek and footsteps in the tiny room. "Oh shit, I'm boutta die." She ran around Corpse to go around the table. "Oh wait he might kill Corpse!" She has forgotten as he took forever on swiping his card. She ran to Corpse when she saw Toast kill Corpse and so she reported the body.

"I just saw Toast kill Corpse while he was still doing his card except I was at the other side of the table when I noticed him so I guess he thought I didn't see him." She said . "The lights were off you couldn't have seen unless you were imposter." Toast said. "No I saw because as I came closer to Corpse I saw a report button and you next to him." She said. "Alright so Corpse is dead and Toast did it." Sykkuno said as they voted Toast out.

"Even as I was dead for those few seconds I didn't get to swipe my card correctly." Corpse said disappointed at his skills. "It's a card. You'll be okay." (Y/n) said as it was a victory for them once again. "I was at least hoping I'd learn once I'm dead." Corpse groaned as they waited for the game to begin.

They appeared at the cafeteria again for the next round when (y/n) followed Corpse to admin when the lights began to fall. "Ima just hurry over real quick. Corpse can't die that quickly." She stopped and turned around to electrical to fix the lights. "So no one else is here?" (Y/n) seemed off as she ran to the lights. "Gotta do this quickly!" She began to slightly panic and once done she ran out the room.

The door was locked behind her which made her yell in her mic and scream, running through storage and to admin where Corpse was still there. "I'm just starting to feel bad for him." She muttered.

"You're unmuted." Corpse said, chuckling as everyone had heard her scream and run to admin. "Wait. Wait you all heard?" She covered her mouth. "Oh now I feel stupid." She looked at her mic. "Yup. My mic is definitely on." She rubbed her face, stressed and embarrassed of herself. Then there was a dead body reported. "I found Felix by Coms heading to storage." Sykkuno said, everyone soon speculating (y/n). "I didn't see Felix. I was running to lights and back when you all heard me scream." She said. "So someone tried to lock you in?" They asked. "I guess so. But I guess they vented to shields and got Felix." She assumed. "That could be true. Was anyone near Felix?" Seán asked. "Wait, didn't Sykkuno go with Felix?" He seemed confused. "You mean, like partnered?" (Y/n) asked. "Yeah that." Corpse said.

"Yeah I did but I left to weapons." He said. "You went to Reactor? For what?" Rae asked. "The pin." He said. "Can anyone vouch for Sykkuno?" Rae asked. "I was at Med bay with Rae." Shawn said. "We practically all were before the lights were on." Charlie said. "Yeah except for (y/n), Corpse and Sykkuno. How do we know Coprse didn't fake doing his card again?" Shawn asked. "He wouldn't have. If he did, he would have looked for me." She said as the time was running out. "Vote for Corpse! I met he did it!" Sykkuno said. "Wait, where's Toast?" (Y/n) asked too late as everyone voted for Corpse. "Well. I hope I learn to swipe my card when I'm a ghost." He sighed.

"(Y/n), Corpse, you have to vote." Rae said. "I'm not voting for Corpse!" She said.

As the votes were revealed, (y/n) chose herself and Corpse skipped while everyone chose him. "Well Indidn't help." She frowned as Corpse was ejected out the ship.

"And I'm back at card." He laughed at his misery. "Why can't I have peace from this thing." He continued his task.

He stared at his screen, upset at the task being done in one swipe. He sighed heavily, not sure how to feel. He wasn't imposter and he struggled while alive and now he was dead and like he said, he at least hoped he'd learn if he was dead. But seriously, now?

"I did it. I learnt. But I'm dead now."