024

Corpse and (y/n) stared at their phones, deciding if who would call first after they promised they'd call during their texts and neither of them were sure who'd text first. After waiting for too long, Corpse developed a bit of courage and called her.

Just as she was about to press the call button Corpse was calling her, causing her to press the video call button.

"Oh shit wait-" She screamed, backing away from her phone, tossing it on her bed. The force from pulling herself away from her phone caused her to land on her back as she fell off her bed which was thankfully a short height.

"Woah wait what! Nope!" He aimed his phone to stare at the ceiling as the call occurred.

(Y/n) covered her mouth as she muffled her scream if shock at what she pressed. "I am so sorry!" She yelled, getting up from her back and grabbed a mask near her door as she hung them there.

"No no. It's okay!" Corpse grabbed his black face mask on as his uncovered eye as the other was having an eyepatch.

"I pressed FaceTime on accident. I meant to call you but you called and that led me to press the FaceTime." (Y/n) got up and glanced at her phone to see Corpse's ceiling as he noticed hers.

"It's alright. I don't mind. It's just each other's company that matters, right?" Corpse muttered, turning away on his chair from his phone that sat on his desk.

"Yeah no - I mean it does. It's okay." (Y/n) fanned her face with her hands as she was almost revealing her face to her friend.

Through the call, both have opened up slowly until she revealed how she looked like after a while if combing her hair and wearing a sweater on with a mask. Corpse hasn't revealed his face to her and she respected his privacy as he did with hers.

(Y/n) sighed with irritation, searching for scissors as her microwaved hummed in the background as Corpse was on the call, earbuds in place as neither were saying a word it enjoyed the company of another.

"I can't fucking open this bitch." (Y/n) muttered, getting each side of the plastic saran wrap stuck to her skin or to each other and when pull apart they tear. Corpse over heard the girl and noticed her holding a roll of plastic saran wrap in her hand and the other holding scissors and a ball of Saran Wrap. "Oh for fuck sakes! Forget it!" She threw the Saran wrap at the wall which was so densely packed that it bounced off the wall and hit her back on her forehead. The thud of her Saran Wrap smacking her caused Corpse to lean back into his chair and cackle.

She was so upset at the roll of plastic going back at her she couldn't help but laugh at her stupidity and wheeze as so did Corpse.

Well, more specifically, Corpse was self conscious about his face and appearance and (y/n) couldn't care any less as he was her friend now and trusted him.

Corpse banged on the table as he watched his friend struggle with Saran Wrap and got yeeted to the wall and to her head which caused her to break down in laughter with tears.

"And you- you make fun of me when- with the foil!" Corpse couldn't speak coherently as the girl was on the ground rubbing her forehead off screen.

"Bruh, deadass. That hurt." She wheezed, wiping away the thick floods of tears at the corner of her eyes. "What were you trying to cover?" Corpse asked the girl wearing black short shorts with an oversized (f/c) thick warm pull over hoodie. "I don't even remember anymore." The girl covered her face of embarrassment.

Then her microwaved beeped. "Oh yeah. My pasta." She got up from her desk and opened the microwave oven on her counter and sighed, staring at the handle intensively.

"I just burnt myself touching this thing and I'm too lazy to scream." She gave a smile that reminded Corpse of a cat attempting smile, similar to a meme.

"It is 2 am. Why are you awake eating?" Corpse asked his friend. "I was up all night doing the last bit of my assignments — and by last bits I mean nothing at all — and I got hungry and it was dinner time. I sleep at 5 and wake up at 2. Quarantine is a sad and lonely place." She opened the microwave and stirred her pasta around.

"Can't you cook?" Corpse asked. "Yes but not 1 person portion size meals. I don't even know how to make pasta for one person." She confessed, removing her mask and eating her microwaved pasta. "Why are you up?" She asked Corpse who was typing a script on his computer.

"Because why not?" He responded softly.

"That's no excuse!" She laughed, sitting on her desk, close to the the screen and it was then Corpse saw her face.

Due to the camera facing her, he had a view of the girl on his phone.

Her rosey cheeks, small plumped lips and (e/c) eyes and (h/c) hair tied up. Her mask was hanging off one ear so she could eat her pasta. Her eyes were shifted to her small plastic bowl as she ate, forgetting she was on camera with a friend.

Until she glanced over her phone and realized this wasn't like a regular FaceTime with Lily or Rae — her supposed "crush" as Lily said it before and instead was her favorite horror narrator YouTuber, Corpse Husband.

"Oh shit I forgot I don't have my mask on." She said.

"Obviously you don't eat with a mask on." Corpse chuckled at moments where her brain short circuited.

She put her bowl down and put her mask back on, embarrassed at this entire call. She spun around in her chair, covering her face as she was embarrassed.

"Why me?" She grinned.

Corpse sunk into his chair, his face radiating with heat that his cheeks were softly dusted pink underneath his mask.

She had accidentally revealed her face and neither could say a word — out of embarrassment and the other being flustered.

Both dismissed the small moment and continued the call, (y/n) getting used to not wearing the mask anymore.

Until 4 in the damn morning the girl fall asleep while Corpse was editing a few bits and pieces as the night was his free time and that meant editing a few snippets for his new video but the small coincidence flashed in his head again.

Her getting embarrassed and flustered for revealing herself on accident.

Small moments they had opened to each other, mentioned of their home and how they grew up, certain issues both noticed that were hinted from the other but said nothing to help one another through their own privacy until the time was right.

Corpse sighed, removing his mask and eyepatch, rubbing his eye that was covered as it was slightly irritated.

He sighed of exhaustion, staring at his phone which the girl on the other side was asleep. He grinned, noticing how she slept.

"She looks so dumb sleeping like tha-"

The girl sat up from her sleep and yawned loudly. "Power nap is over! Time to ge-"

"What the fuck!" Corpse laughed as he was frightened by her sudden movement.

"I'm sorry. I forgot I had work!" She got up from her bed and grabbed her laptop. "Why did you yell?!" Corpse laughed at her worried behavior. "Screaming is therapeutic." She went onto work on Chemistry and Psychology.

Corpse remained quiet on the call, glanced over at his phone to see the girl staring at her screen.

"What the fuck? We have a bone in our ear?" She seemed surprised.

He held in his grin, realizing his smile has gotten wider and his face returning to a pink hue.

These were the same reactions he had about a year ago; face red, grinning and chuckling just by beating by their presence.

"Oh damn. Daniel was right." He groaned, having more to worry about revealing his appearance to the girl he had an interest towards.