018

"I have another tasks called storage wiring? Where's-" (y/n) paused as Lily wasn't anywhere near her. "Did she just ditch me?" She groaned and went off and looked at the map. "Hopefully, I don't run into an imposter on the way here although I believe it's Corpse and Dave. Should I pull an emergency meeting then?" She pondered as she went down the long hall from admin and to the right side of the two way split to the cafeteria. "I have something at balcony?" She went over to the balcony and went to the right side when she noticed a dark blue astronaut.

"Holy shit Dave no!" She yelled and ran across the cafe table and circled it. "I fucking knew he was imposter!" (Y/n) yelled as she went over to the button but Dave reached there too. She yelled inaudible gibberish was she ran around the table again. "No. No no no. No!" She continued her odd chase and ran around until she ran up the hall and to the launchpad. "Wait we're there any vents?" She barely realized.

(Y/n) in her white astronaut suit noticed Dave gent near Medbay. She gasped and ran back up the halls. "Where the fuck is everyone? Lily?" She turned around as she ran into the locker room and to the entrance of the long hall of Decontamination. "Where the fu-" She has noticed Corpse was at the end of the hall. "If he kills me in front of Corpse, he's gonna report the body, Imposter or not." She circled Corpse which Dave vented in front of them. "Okay so now that I have one witness, now I'm able to report him." She sighed of relief, feeling safe although barely half of her tasks were done.

Dave approached her and the animation of Dave stabbing her back several times appeared in her screen. "Well... that didn't go well." She lightly chuckled at the out come until Corpse reported her body.

"Me and Corpse found the body at Decontamination." Dave gave off a lie. "I saw Dave kill (y/n) in front of me." Corpse openly admitted. "Dave, why would you kill (y/n) in front of Corpse so openly?" Seán asked as the noticed Lily was apparently dead. "You killed Lily?" Felix gasped. "You killed both best friends?!" Sykkuno yelled. "Oh that is messed up." Jaden shook her head.

"Well at least we know Dave is one of the imposters." Felix cleared the air and voted for Dave.

(Y/n) circled Lily together at greenhouse and pondered about her death on why she died even though there was a witness. "Wait, if Dave is imposter and he killed me in front of Corpse if I should have been with Lily, and Lily is apparently dead so that means Lily got separated and killed by Dave and Dave was after me but thought I would be safe from Corpse but Corpse was imposter and Dave thought he wouldn't be reported because it's another imposter. That makes them both imposters. Corpse could have killed me! I have to stop falling for the villains." She sighed as she Corpse appeared.  "Who's he gonna kill?" She muttered as she and Lily followed him until he vented.

Then there was a message from Lily on her phone.

I know we all jokingly simp for Corpse but I have a feeling you're developing something for him :3

(Y/n) blinked a few times at the text and wasn't sure what to send until she remembered a meme she kept in her phone and sent it over.

Does this answer your question?

She texted Lily as they both had no other task to do.

He's nothing more than a friend. You're all my friends. She added in her text.

After their game of playing Among Us with the others, (y/n) was on the phone call with Corpse as this became a routine, enjoying company.

"You wear an eyepatch at times?" She repeated what he said over the phone. "Yeah. My eyes get sensitive to the light since I'm always in my room and up at night." He explained. "Bet you look cool with an eyepatch like you are with mask." She said.

"You don't know you I look like." He scoffed. "I don't but I said 'I bet you'd look cool'." She explained. "Guess so." He mumbled on the phone as they both worked on their own things while on the phone; one possibly playing game or even editing is newest video while she was stuck doing a last minute assignment.

"So you haven't been to work for how long?" Corpse asked. "The restaurant had to close again because of the employees got sick and we all took tests. My results should be coming in tomorrow. Cuz with my bad luck, I'm bound to get sick again. 2020 just isn't okay for me." She sighed, typing with only two fingers on her laptop. "So what do you do for the rest of day besides work now? Don't you miss going out the dorms?" He asked. "No. I can't stand the people dorming near me. They're so loud and the only good thing about this dorm is that I have a balcony and the two other people next to me don't so I can stay there and no one can bother me." She explained as he mentioned what he does besides leaving his apartment and recording at night for his channel or gaming with the others such as working out.

"Or finding a way to open tinfoil?" She asked causing the man to chuckle. "Yeah pretty much." He grinned.

Her thoughts ran to what Lily said before and honestly, she couldn't think of it more than a phase from a fan to a friend or possibly a crush.

Was Lilypichu right about her having something for Corpse? It all just seemed so new to her.

Sure she knew him as a friend but anything more just seemed impossible.

Besides, nothing would happen between them so it would be best to never even bother and accept the friendship than have nothing at all. She was making money and saving it for who knows what in the future and she grew fame through him and others. She was in debt to them and wouldn't want to repay it better than being a friend.

'Damn, I'm preparing myself into the friend zone before any sort of rejection. Kinda sad when I think about it. Better than nothing.'