Chapter 19

I was woken up by my phone pinging away from my bedside table. I turned it over and saw it was 5.30am and the pinging was 3 messages from Chris.

Cap

Hey Luce, as promised I'm home safe. Going to get myself straight to bed. Any chance we could video chat tomorrow night? We're not filming till Wednesday this week so I've got tomorrow to get over the jet lag.

Cap

Hey Luce, so I've just checked my emails and the week of 4th November looks like we'll wrap filming so get your tickets booked and let me know how much they were and I'll give you half

Cap

Last one I promise just before I go to bed. I can't wait to see you!

He sounded so excited. Probably a lot of that was tiredness. I always got giddy when I was overtired. I quickly typed a reply.

Lucy

Hey Chris. So glad you're home safe and sound. I shall book my holidays with work tomorrow and look at flights in my lunch break. Are you positive about paying half? I'm sure I can find the money. And yes I'm up for a video chat. I already miss your face!

I placed my phone back down and face planted the pillow and sank back into sleep for another 90 minutes before my inevitable alarm went off.

When my alarm went off I dragged myself out of bed and grabbed quick shower to wake myself up. While I dried I quickly made myself a double choc mocha and while I got ready for work I drank it to help me wake up. At about 8.30am I set off for work.

I had training to provide this week and I hadn't been looking forward to it. But thankfully it went well and I got a lot of good feedback. The day flew by as I had 2 lots of training. I walked back into my house at 5.30pm, hung my coat up, took my shoes off and walked into the kitchen to see what I could have for dinner.

I'd not heard from Chris all day. I'd imagined he was sleeping so I wasn't as bothered by the lack of messages as I thought I would be.

I decided just to do a quick cheesy beans on toast. I wasn't massively hungry and it would be a quick dinner to do. Meant more time to slob out infront of the TV after I treated myself to a long soak in the bath.

It didn't take me long to eat my dinner, so after scrolling through social media for 30 minutes I headed upstairs to run a bath. I treated myself to one of my lush bath bombs and once it was ready I sank down into the bath to ease my aching muscles. My abs were really hurting and I can only imagine it was all the laughing I'd done with Chris.

While I was in the bath I sent him a message

Lucy

Hey Chris, hope you've been having a good long well deserved rest today. I'm just having a lovely soak in the bath, I think I've got aching abs from all the laughing we've done. What time would be good to video call you? X

I put my phone on the side and washed my hair, shaved my legs and gave myself a good wash. I got out of the bath and wrapped a towel around my head and body, emptied the bath and went into my bedroom taking my phone with me.

I towel dried my hair, got into my comfiest most moronic pjs, threw my fluffiest dressing gown on and headed downstairs. I felt relaxed. The training I'd done today had been building for 4 months and I was so glad I'd got over that first hurdle. I breathed a huge sigh of relief. I decided to treat myself to a small glass of wine in celebration so headed into the kitchen, sod the sober week! I pulled a bottle of rose from the fridge and poured myself a glass and took it into the living room. My phone dinged.