Chapter 74 - FINALE

Hey guys, it's been a long slog but I've decided to end my story. I'm struggling to find the motivation to write and I've completely run out of ideas. I hope you've enjoyed the journey of Lucy and Chris. In true Wattpad fashion we have our final chapter complete with a time jump 🙈

3 years later

'Chris, we're gonna be late!', I shouted down the hallway as I frantically ran round filling my ridiculously small handbag with everything I needed.

'I'm coming, I just need to find my shoes. Have you hidden them?' he asked walking towards me looking breathtakingly handsome in a 3 piece suit in just his socked feet.

'I have not hidden your shoes you pillock. I have, however tidied up and they're in your ginormous closet.'

'May as well have hidden them', he mumbled as he retreated back to our room.

A lot had changed in the past 3 years. Chris and I were now living together and had been for the last year. I'd been living over in Boston for about 18 months after finding the travelling from England to America too hard going and 6 months in, Chris had asked me to move in with him since I spent most of my free time at his anyway. I'd firmly settled in and had rearranged his huge closet to make room for my stuff. It was working out really well. We knew when to give each other space and made sure we talked if either of us had a problem. It was such a grown up relationship for two people who freely admitted they were rather immature at heart.

I was travelling round the country taking promo shots for small TV shows and had some upcoming work with a few magazines in New York. One in particular I was really looking forward to, I would be working alongside Chris' long term stylist Ilaria, photographing some of her clients. I was beyond excited about it, I was going to meet Ryan Reynolds and Dwayne Johnson among others as well as photographing Chris for the first time since Defending Jacob. It was for a piece The Hollywood Reporter were running about current Hollywood but Ilaria would be styling them as old Hollywood, it was such a cool concept.

'You got them?', I shouted grabbing my keys and moving towards the front door.

'Right, I'm ready, you got everything you need?' he asked finally looking at me. 'Wow!'

'What?', I asked looking down at my dress.

'You look incredible Luce', he said rubbing the back of his neck.

'Come on you smooth talker, we'll be late', I said smiling at him as I opened the front door and made my way to the waiting Uber.

.....

'I now pronounce you husband and husband' the officiant said as Scott and Steve sealed it with a kiss. I turned to my left to see Chris' Mum and two sisters crying. I looked over at Chris stood at the front also wiping a tear from his eye.

Much later at the reception, I was throwing some shapes on the dance floor with Scott and Steve. Scott and I had grown particularly close since I'd made the decision to move to America. He had been incredibly supportive of me and true to his word had travelled round the country with me if time allowed while I cemented my career. I owed him a lot.

'Could I steal the party animal away from you?', Chris said taking my hand.

'Sure', they both said as Truly Madly Deeply by Savage Garden came on and they wrapped their arms around each other and began to sway.

'Everything OK?', I asked as Chris led me out of the reception area to a corridor with hotel rooms lining either side.

'Everything is fine, I just wanted you all to myself for a little bit', Chris said with a sly look in his eyes as he grabbed me by the hips.