Chapter 9

'Mr Evans, welcome back to The Savoy', the doorman said while holding the door open for us. What must he think of me?!

The hotel was absolutely stunning. The lobby was so vast, with gigantic chandeliers everywhere. It was a stark contrast to the dark of the outside, all bright lights and shiny surfaces. Chris led me over to the elevator which were obviously all gold. He pressed the Up button and it arrived instantly. He let me go in first. He then followed me and pressed P for penthouse. There was just the two of us in the elevator and you could practically feel the tension. I had to break it somehow!

'Penthouse huh?, I asked while pointing at the button. 'You must be pretty high and mighty to be able to stop in there, are you famous or something?' I teased him.

He grabbed me gently round the waist and squeezed me into his side. 'A little bit', he said making a small space between his thumb and forefinger and giggling like a naughty school boy. For someone who was so famous he was such a big kid. He knew he had the money and the fame and could have anyone he wanted. But he was just a big kid with a heart of gold.

The elevator dinged and he let me depart first. The corridor was only small, with just 2 doors, one at either side. He led me to the left and took the keycard out of his back pocket and unlocked the door, and being a gentleman let me go inside first.

The room was as big as my entire house! 'Oh wow', I exclaimed walking in and he shut the door behind him. It was like the suite that Macualay Culkin had in Home Alone 2. It was bloody massive.

'Like it huh?' he asked as he took his jacket off and slung it over the enormous sofa in the middle of the living area.

'Like it?! It's like Kevin's room from Home Alone 2!', I answered gesticulating with my hands and staring at everything with wide eyes.

Chris chuckled and made his way over to me. I wrapped my arms round his waist and placed my head next to his on his shoulder. There wasn't a great height difference between us as I was pretty tall.

'Chris?' I said in a small voice. 'Yeah Luce?' he responded.

'Am I dreaming?', I asked.

'Why would you think that?'

'Well, because this is one of the best night's of my life', I answered honestly and buried my head into his shoulder feeling really silly.

'Me too', he whispered into my ear making me shiver from head to toe.

'So I've had an idea', he said leading me over to the sofa where we sat down. 'There's a selection of board games in that cupboard over there', he said pointing to a double cupboard, 'Fancy getting your ass handed to ya?'

'That sounds like a brilliant idea', I said. 'But be warned Mr Evans, I got mad skills!' Chris chuckled and headed over to the cupboard and stuck his head in to see what we had.

'Hey, do you mind if I get comfy', as I unzipped my boots. 'My feet are killing me.'

'No not all', he said as he kicked off his boots too. 'Ok, we got Connect 4, Monopoly, Scrabble, Cluedo, is that like Clue?, dominos, backgammon and a pack of cards, what d'ya fancy?, he asked turning round to me as I tucked my feet underneath me.

'Well, Monopoly goes on for absolutely ages and I don't want to draw out me beating you, so maybe Connect 4 first?' He got the game out and placed it on the coffee table in front of the sofa.

'Drink?' he asked as he went over to the mini bar.

'That would be great, what we got?' I asked as I went over to it and knelt down next to him looking into the mini bar. Mini bar my arse, this was like a normal bar you'd have at home.