Chapter 73

*I think I've gone a bit wonky with days and the games night would have actually been New Year's Eve, but this is New Year's Eve so just go with it, artistic licence and all that*

New Years Eve

We spent most of the day just relaxing and chatting about anything and everything.

Chris had a few projects in the pipeline and he was eager to tell me all about them.

'Sounds like you're gonna be pretty busy then?', I asked as he finished telling me about voicing Buzz Lightyear.

'Very likely. But I'm always gonna make time to see my girl', he said stroking my arm.

'I wasn't hinting-'

'I know, I just wanted to reassure you.'

'Well, I've no idea what this year holds for me. I just hope someone snaps me up for something soon. I'm itching to get my camera out and take some photos', I admitted.

'Have you heard back from Morten yet?'

'I haven't checked my emails the entire time you've been here actually. Let me check them now', I said grabbing my phone and bringing up my Inbox. I ignored the friend requests that seemed to be a regular thing since Chris and I had gone public.

'Oh, he has emailed me', I said as Chris moved closer to me to see.

Lucy

Sorry its taken me a while, please see below to add to your portfolio. I'd be very happy to put in a good word for you, just let me know.

Morten

Lucy Taylor is an exceptionally talented photographer. We had run into trouble having promotional shots taken for the upcoming Apple TV drama Defending Jacob. Lucy had accompanied Chris Evans (playing Andy Barber) onto set and on his suggestion Lucy stepped up to take the photos.

She took some outstanding shots that really captured the essence of the characters. The network were extremely impressed with them and will be using them in the upcoming promotion of the show. I can't recommend Lucy enough.

'Luce that's amazing!' Chris said by my side giving me a squeeze. 'Luce?'

I just sat there dumbfounded. I knew he'd been impressed but that statement was unreal!

'Luce, you in there darlin'?'

'Oh yeah, sorry what?'

'There she is, she's back. Where did you go?', he asked me squeezing my thigh.

'Nowhere. I think I was just in shock. I can't believe what he's written!'

'Pretty awesome right?', he said with a massive grin on his face.

'Just a bit. It's amazing!'

'Now do you realise how incredibly gifted you are?', Chris questioned giving me a loving look and placing his hand on my cheek.

'I'm starting to', I admitted. 'I may have to eat some humble pie here Chris, I'm gonna ask Morten to put the feelers out about my photography.'

'That's a great idea Luce but what made you change your mind?'

'You. The way you seem so proud of me makes me believe that I can do it. Not only that I can but I want to, I really want to make something of my photography and if this means accepting some help for a leg up to start with then so be it. Does that sound mad?', I asked chewing my fingernail.

'Not at all. I truly believe you have the talent to go far. I also think that having someone put in a good word for you is no bad thing. So many professions go off word of mouth, this is no different Luce.'

'OK, well will you help me word an email to Morten about it?'

'Of course I will', Chris replied wrapping his arm around my shoulder and kissing the top of my head. 'You know you've always got somewhere to stay in Boston right?'

'I do now', I answered turning my face and grinning at him.

---------

'Are you sure you don't want to go out to celebrate?', Chris asked me for the fifth time.

'I've told you, I never celebrate New Years Eve. I've never seen the point. Plus I think it's best if we keep a low profile don't you?', I asked.

'I just don't want to keep you from celebrating, that's all. I don't just mean New Years.

'You're not. New Years Eve is totally overrated. Plus there's nothing else to celebrate at the moment. I'm happy in my Chris bubble. It's nice here', I said wrapping my arms around his neck and pulling myself round to straddle his lap.

'Now that you mention it, it is pretty nice here', he said as he ran his fingers under my t-shirt to stroke my back smirking all the while.

'Are you not missing spending time with your family?', I asked him.

'Not as much as I'd be missing you if I wasn't here', he answered as he assaulted my neck with kisses.

'Good answer', I replied moving his face so I could kiss his lips.

***Sorry for the incredibly short chapter***