Chapter 47

Once we were up in the air, Chris distracted me by bringing up the designs that Josh had sent over for my tattoos. There were just a few tweaks that I wanted but on the whole I was so pleased with them. Chris also showed me the email from Morten. It said he was really impressed with my photos and that he would be sending an invoice through to the finance department to send a cheque out for $250, addressed to Chris who could forward it on to me.

'Oh wow, that's incredible! I didn't even expect to be paid!', I exclaimed once he'd finished reading the email out to me.

'Well you deserve every dime of that money Luce, you did an amazing job', Chris replied with a big smile on his face. He had his arm rested on the back of the seat behind me and he was stroking my shoulder absent-mindly.

We spent the rest of the flight talking about our respective tattoos and just relaxing in the lap of luxury.

The flight was only short, and no sooner had we taken off, we were coming into land. I gripped onto the seat again, and just like before Chris took my hand in his and stroked my thumb to calm me.

Once we were safely on the ground, Chris and I took off our seatbelts, grabbed our bags and made our way to the doors where the pilot was stood wishing us a nice stay in New York. I couldn't believe I was actually in New York. It had always been a dream of mine to visit and now here I was, stepping off a private jet with Chris Evans by my side! Life really is mental sometimes!

We made our way down the small steps and straight into a town car which was being held open by the driver.

'Welcome back Mr Evans', he said and nodded his head to me as Chris prompted me to get in the car and he followed. It was very fancy inside. Not completely like a limo, but not too dissimilar either. The driver then got back in the driving seat and drove away from the plane.

'Chris, do we not need to go through airport security or anything?', I asked looking a little apprehensive.

'Nope, that's the beauty of private jets. Fancy a drink?'

'Ooh, yes please', I said grinning from ear to ear. I still couldn't quite believe everything that was going on but I was certainly enjoying this lifestyle that I'd been thrown into!

While I sipped on my sparkling water I gazed outside at the sights and sounds of New York. It was similar to London but everything just seemed so much bigger. Chris had told me it was about a 40 minute car journey to the hotel he'd booked but wouldn't give me any details of where it was. It was all very mysterious which only added to my excitement!

Chris kept pointing out different landmarks as we drove past street after street, all bustling with activity. The time flew by as there was so much to take in, I was in complete awe. First impressions of New York was OMG!

We soon arrived outside a majestic looking hotel that overlooked a massive park.

'That's Central Park', Chris offered as I looked around in amazement as the driver let us out.

'Oh wow, its beautiful!', I exclaimed. Chris had donned his cap and sunglasses before we'd exited the car.

'And this is one of my favourite hotels in New York, come on, let's get checked in', he said as we walked up the stairs. I must have looked so attractive, my mouth was permanently wide open! Chris took my hand as I followed him to where the door was held open for us by a fancy butler style man.

The hotel was incredibly grand inside. Reminded me of the hotels I'd seen in films like Pretty Woman and Home Alone 2. We made our way over to the concierge desk where Chris dealt with everything as I ogled everything and observed people coming and going in awe.