Signals

~~~~Mira~~~~

Mama, Glimmer, Bow and I walked through the Whispering Woods in search for strange energy signals that had been going off nearby Bright Moon.

However, we all had different things on our minds.

"I can't believe Entrapta's working for the Horde." Mama said in disbelief, "Shadow Weaver messed with her mind. She must have. Right?"

"I don't know." Glimmer answered, "She seemed normal when we talked to her. Entrapta normal, but still, she wants to be with the Horde, they do have better tech than us."

"Yeah, Shadow Weaver was too focused on me to deal with Entrapta." I muttered softly, but my mom and Glimmer could hear me clearly.

They looked down at me with sad eyes and Mama held my hand tightly. It's true about what I said. I can remember everything about what happened to me, and the fact that Entrapta helped in contributing to my pain, made me feel even worse.

"Don't worry, Mira, they may have tech that keeps Entrapta there, but we have magic on our side." Glimmer encouraged me.

"Magic and tech aren't separate totally things." Bow said from behind us while fixing one of his arrows, "Entrapta is one of the only people who really understand that. She got closer to combining them than anyone else. And now she's with the Horde."

The three of us turned around and saw Bow with a glum look on his face. He looked up at us and immediately tried to perk up again.

"Well, who needs Entrapta? You've got Bow, tech master and premier member of the Etherian Maker Community."

Bow smacked his arrow onto his hand, which resulted in a small explosion that caused him to cough.

"Ah." He said clearing his throat, "Yeah, uh, meant to do that."

All of a sudden, the echoing sounds of a loud neighing came from the sky. We looked up and saw Swift Wind flying across the darkened night sky.

"Ahoy. Ha, ha. Be there in a sec." He said before landing in front of us, "Comrades, I spotted buildings ahead. The outpost is close."

"Entrapta made her decision. We can't change that." Glimmer said, "But we can focus on our mission and help our people. We lost all contact with the farming outpost of Alwyn a week ago. The Horde hasn't been reported in the area, but we can't be too careful."

"Oh, they're definitely involved. They always are." Mama said.

"Don't be too quick, Mama. I don't feel anything bad around here." I said looking around the trees blowing in the soft breeze.

It was familiar, like the gentle winds I felt in my dream not too long ago. It was strange, but comforting.

"We can handle the Horde." Auntie Glimmer encouraged, "I don't care if they do have Entrapta's inventions. They're no match for us. We'll handle this the way we always do."

Mama gasped, "Brute strength?"

"Almost dying?" Swift Wind added.

"No. And no." Glimmer answered, "By sticking together and never giving up."

"Yeah!" Bow exclaimed, "Best Friend Quintupul to the rescue! Because there's five of us?"

None of us answered to the name. I mean, if it was only four then Best Friend Quad would work better. But Quintupul was stretching it.

"Okay, taking that one off the list." He added before walking away with slumped shoulders.

I ran to his side and grabbed his hand, making him look down at me.