Price of Power

~~~~Adora~~~~

I was awoken by a terrifying scream. My eyes shot open and upon reflex, I raised my arm and pushed away something cold from my side.

I reached around, grabbed Mira and pushed her behind me before I stood up and took my sword in hand. I pointed my blade toward whatever was in front of me and Mira, but I was shocked to see her...

"Adora. Miracle." Shadow Weaver groaned. Dark shadows oozed out of her as she fell to the floor in pain.

I felt Mira's hand grip mine with all the strength she had. I looked down at my daughter, who was shaking in fear, her eyes wide in terror as she couldn't stop staring at Shadow Weaver.

"Why.... why is she here? Why...." Mira kept repeating over and over as she shook even harder than before.

I picked Mira up and pressed her face into my chest so she wouldn't be able to see the witch.

"It's okay, Mira, it's okay. We'll get Queen Angella." I said before running out of the room and to Queen Angella, who was still awake at this time of night going over battle strategies.

It was quick, but we stayed quite Glimmer and Bow in her room. I kept a tight hold on Mira, who was still shaking even though the castle guards had secured Shadow Weaver.

"Is Mira gonna be okay?" Glimmer asked.

I shook my head and held Mira tighter.

"Just as long as Mira doesn't see Shadow Weaver anymore." I said, "And she was getting so much better, too."

I couldn't let Mira anywhere near that woman ever again. She broke my daughter too much. And I'll find the answers myself.

~~~~Angella~~~~

As soon as Adora came rushing into chambers with a terrfied Miracle in her arms, I knew there was trouble. And after she told me what had happened, I went straight into action.

I told Adora to take Miracle to Glimmer's room and hide there until Shadow Weaver was secured. Then, I called Castaspella to help with an interrogation.

"Double the perimeter, and triple it at the Moonstone." I ordered my guards, "No one sleeps until we figure out how Shadow Weaver got into the castle."

My guards nodded and went to carry out my orders. A minute later, I stopped in front of our prison, where Shadow Weaver was being held.

"Why are we stopping here?" Castaspella asked.

"This is where we're holding the prisoner." I said gesturing to the room door.

"This is your prison?" She asked.

"Well, technically it's the spare room, but it is more than adequate as a holding cell. We removed the cushions."

Castaspella looked at me questioningly.

"Most of the cushions." I added.

"This is the prison?" A voice asked behind me.

"Yes, it's the prison." I said angrily, turning towards the voice. I saw my daughter, Bow and Adora standing behind me.

"Your Majesty, I know Shadow Weaver." Adora said, "I know her tricks. I need to be there for the interrogation, I'm the only one who--"

I held up my hand to silence Adora.

"Shadow Weaver is dangerous. I will not let that woman near you or Miracle. Near any of you." I said, "You are to stay away from this room."

"But, Your Majesty--"